Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
NERF THE DET_NET GOGGLES
These things are too dang powerfull without anyone using it for full potential (thank kot)
But lately as a detective.. I notice how the "file cabinet" is one of the easiest to use tools to put someone on arrest.
The thing about it is.. it's only on remote locations, but with DET_NETs you have them in your hand. Usable whenever, with the use of ID or logging.

While the downside of the Det_net is the fact the user's body is vunerable... that cabinet in there is really powerful and with my latest shift.. I noticed how ridiclously powerfull it is for both ANTAGONISTS and SECURITY.

Someone deletes a security record? The file cabinet can restore it by clicking the charaters name (wich it still has) and click "new record" and it's done.
So if a tricky antagonist did the hardest thing like sneaking into security and erasing their records so Secmate can't pick it up.
The detective can litterly put on the det_net and undo it anywhere within a snap.
Unless they use the file cabinet too... but again.. the det can do it anywhere with those VRGoggles.

So... next problem of the file cabinet and there for the DET_NETs.
Whenever someone is set to arrest... it won't give a notifcation like: "X has put Y on arrest."
So no one but the user of the file cabinet knows... and with the detective being able to do it everywhere, makes it waaaaay too good.

So what do I recommend to nerf it with?
Simple... replace the file cabinet with a secmate console that doesn't need to be logged into. This will not only make the det_net goggles slower then running to the file cabinet, it would also start an alarm to anyone in game like "DET_NET" has set someone to arrest.
If you wanna discreetly set someone to arrest, go to the file cabinet in the det's office.
If you wanna restore a record or make a new one effectively? Det's office.
But keeping the det_net in it's current state is waaaaaaay too powerfull as both an antagonist point and security point.

TD;LR
The file cabinet in the DET_NET goggles makes the goggles TOO GOOD of a security record manipulator in your pocket. Not even the HoS can manipulate arrest records on their PDA. Changing it Sec_mate makes them slower and no longer a "Silent" arrest.

Written by a Detective Main: Selena James

Messages In This Thread
NERF THE DET_NET GOGGLES - by Kotlol - 08-01-2022, 12:26 PM
RE: NERF THE DET_NET GOGGLES - by KikiMofo - 08-01-2022, 01:09 PM
RE: NERF THE DET_NET GOGGLES - by Kotlol - 08-01-2022, 01:22 PM
RE: NERF THE DET_NET GOGGLES - by KikiMofo - 08-01-2022, 03:54 PM
RE: NERF THE DET_NET GOGGLES - by Kotlol - 08-01-2022, 04:32 PM
RE: NERF THE DET_NET GOGGLES - by KikiMofo - 08-01-2022, 06:31 PM
RE: NERF THE DET_NET GOGGLES - by babayetu83 - 08-01-2022, 07:07 PM
RE: NERF THE DET_NET GOGGLES - by Kotlol - 08-02-2022, 03:00 AM