Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's painful to use the AI radios.
I was ai randomly the other day, and operating the radios is torture. There is a verb which opens a pop-up list to pick one of your three radios, which then opens a normal intercom panel. If you want to turn your main radio off and turn another radio on a different frequency for a private chatter with someone it's a two minutes job of clicking and cursing.

Can the AI get its physical intercoms back, or have a special window where it can see all three intercoms' settings at once.
Something that makes the radios quick to use again. They are a great tool but they are buried under too many layers of interface.
I second this wholeheartedly.

It's a pain just to turn off the main radio to get a private chat with some traitor that just uploaded a OneHuman law, especially as this person is probably in a rush. I also end up never using the intercom to speak over 144.7 because it's such a massive hassle to turn the main radio microphone off, switch to the secondary and turn that microphone on, then do the same thing in reverse afterwards.

I don't think the internal radios should go away, however, because it's neat to be able to perform my functions from other places than the AI core, if need be.
In short, having all the radio controls in a single window would be amazing.
Why not just make the AI radios work like a normal headset with other channels so that you can speak over them using :x or whatever prefix and leave the rest of the controls as they are now? I agree that it's just not worth it to even try to speak on anything but your default channel right now, given how long it takes.
When I'm an AI I usually use the ; to talk over radio anyway, even though it does nothing.
hello i'm ON THE CASE i'm a cowboy baby