Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
being able to late-join as a borg
yeah, as someone who often plays roboticist, it's almost as if people never willingly become borgs

most of the traffic coming in are dead non-sec/head people that usually crop up towards the middle of around (like 20-30 mins in) and you gotta cross your fingers and hope they aren't braindead
epicdwarf Wrote:The problem is that not many people want be borgs. I do not play robotist often, but when I do it is surprisingly hard to get someone to be a Borg. A late join Borg optition would get the robotist the people he/she needs.

There's not much a Roboticist can do for a Borg anyway other than giving it a better battery. Besides, isn't it much better to make the people you need yourself?
I know that people are encouraged to communicate but trying to get the attention of a roboticist as a late-joining assistant often seems like a lot of effort when I could be doing something else, even if I would prefer to be a borg. I think we should admit that voluntary borging is actually quite a rare event these days. If I was a roboticist I am sure that I would in fact have MORE to do if I could build suits and put them in a machine that accepts late joiners right away, as then I have a borg to chat to and possibly upgrade, plus I now need a new suit for the machine. This would make robotics far more busy and entertaining in my opinion.
Only problem I have with robotics not having work is everyone is brought to genetics and if I bring a body into robotics I get yelled at by people for not cloning them. Shit man. If you are brought to robotics you are getting borged. I don't like having to waste all my time putting together a borg and putting a brain in it just to have some angry borg put walls up in my door ways because he wanted to be cloned.
Overall Roboticists need more to do, rather than just being a backup revival service.