Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Construction Worker's return
(08-29-2022, 03:33 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote:
(08-28-2022, 01:56 AM)Zamujasa Wrote: I personally miss the construction worker deeply but construction in general is just fucked. i think the problem with cw grief is more of a player culture thing than a problem with the tool itself. i have been on other codebases where the rcd is available as standard kit to engineering and easily printable / refillable with normal iron/glass materials and it doesn't get abused in the same ways at all despite being more powerful

Often higher standards on etiquette often enable the implementation of more wicked/overpowered stuff.

Because i ony recently came in contact with goon, i would need to ask: was the griefing problem prevalent on RP as well?

As far as I know.. it wasn't as prevalent on RP, but it did happen once on my shifts.
But I think the worst case of RCD grieving was the ghost drones. Wich is why they can't deconstruct anymore.
In that case the question comes up why we shouldn't make the construction worker (with the RCD) a RP-only job.

Hall/Room construction and decoration are mainly things that people go for on RP, so i don't think classic would loose out as much. And RP got special restrictions on grieving that should handle this the same way as e.g. random bombing of medbay ( this occasionally still happens on RP).