Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Security paintball gun!
I'm aware of the paintball things for the nade launchers but those are never used because they are limited, hard to land, and you cant even shoot your friends because they do damage. Now what if, we replaced the paint nades in the vendors with a new loadout set that replaces your taser with a paintball gun? The gun itself would do no damage but upon hitting someone would lightly tint them orange and maybe even give them some kind of light slow, or prevent them from sprinting. Hitting someone enough times (4-6?) would apply the original paint effect and they would start leaving tracks. Ammo would be able to be bought from the sectechs or make it have a smallish capacity that recharges fast. Now sec can shoot each other to their hearts content without having to suffer those stinky stuns. I am aware people will probably just shoot everyone they see but the paint would be able to be cleaned off and hopefully with limited ammo or small capacity that would be remedied a little bit.
I love using paint rounds to be a jerk security marking criminals.
But I hate carrying a riot launcher.... so paint marking would be nice.

Riot launchers should be used for AOEs not for "LOL PAINT MARKING"
there are some old paintball gun sprites that might suit being used as pepperball/marker rounds, not sure how effective they'd be though
(07-20-2022, 08:46 AM)TDHooligan Wrote: there are some old paintball gun sprites that might suit being used as pepperball/marker rounds, not sure how effective they'd be though

I am 100% fine with the idea of Sec having ballistics like the detective that can stun.
Not a gun.. but a paintball gun that can stun and mark is a great tool as an alternative.

This way an EMP grenade doesnt cripple security...
Especially good if the detective is an antagonist.. cause MY LORD CAN THEY CRIPPLE SECURITY!!
The whole point of emp grenades is to make fighting people with energy weapons (sec) easier. Just go charge and call your teammates. Oh and the paintball gun sprites are very old and you should just make a new one if you're thinking of adding them.
(07-20-2022, 10:50 AM)Danger Noodle Wrote: The whole point of emp grenades is to make fighting people with energy weapons (sec) easier. Just go charge and call your teammates. Oh and the paintball gun sprites are very old and you should just make a new one if you're thinking of adding them.

at least with the paintball gun with how it has been proposed, it is not going to be as strong in a straight up fight then a taser.
(07-20-2022, 11:02 AM)Mrprogamer96 Wrote:
(07-20-2022, 10:50 AM)Danger Noodle Wrote: The whole point of emp grenades is to make fighting people with energy weapons (sec) easier. Just go charge and call your teammates. Oh and the paintball gun sprites are very old and you should just make a new one if you're thinking of adding them.

at least with the paintball gun with how it has been proposed, it is not going to be as strong in a straight up fight then a taser.

I was thinking it would be nice if sec had more slowing effects instead of lots of stuns
Nano I think I agree with that.