Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Replace screwing and welding AI modules with mounting drives
My idea is instead of welding and screwing in Law modules, you slot the module in and it takes time to mount and read the law module, same for ejcting it. This would preferably come with floppy drive sounds as it's loading and reading the module, so there would be an audible sound when someone is messing with the laws. This would also fit with the retrofuturism with law modules just being adapters for 3.5 inch floppy drives.
I kinda like the delay idea. Would certainly make removing Law 1 less of instant death-sentence.
The necessity of having tools to remove laws aids significantly in keeping them secured.

People have to be prepared or already carrying proper gear to actually do anything. If some random walks in because the HOP is slinging AA, chances are they won't have equipment to remove laws.

Tool requirements won't stop the determined traitor who has broken their way into upload, but the basic requirements do stop everyone else.

delay is cool though, why not.
I think the welding part should be removed only. Since from both a technical standpoint and reason you do NOT WELD any types of IT modules into a rack!
Mostly since you can MELT THE COMPONENTS!

I once suggested that Welding is a fine thing, but once you remove the welded parts they break down cause you melted the metal STUPID.

Personally I am fine with screwdrivering it.. or using a coin to unscrew it (but it takes longer)
But welding is too far.. since welders take more time, have fuel and can damage your eyes.
Soldering circuit boards is a thing. Why we don use a soldering iron instead of a welder is beyond me.
(07-20-2022, 10:17 AM)DioChasek Wrote: Soldering circuit boards is a thing. Why we don use a soldering iron instead of a welder is beyond me.

AGREED! Welding would break the board.. soldering however is to attach parts and or keep it in place.
I second the soldering, makes much more sense than using a much more harsh welder.

The delay also sounds like a good idea