Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
On the recent loot box change.
I have no idea what it is looking like on 1 and 2 but it has become a mad dash even on the rp servers to get the shiny crates asap. The old system often had a risk reward on the good loot and now, it is just whack a dozen times in 3 seconds with your easily acquirable extinguisher and bam free stuff no thought required.

I can't believe I am going to say this but we should consider reverting this change.
me scouring the debris field desperately to try and find a box with a cool hat but all I can find are rocks because I pilot spawned late at 7 minutes in
Just give it a month or so. Its a NEW THING so everyone has to go run it into the ground
the free stuff are usually just cosmetics
the only downsides are that you cant feasibly find these cosmetics anywhere besides the costume crates found in cargo
people really are just trying to find drip

and afaik, the only worthwhile items are the bracelets and rings sometimes found in the boxes
I don't think the new clothes are in the clothing crates either, only the locked crates.
just have them randomly respawn in certain areas 

or better yet institute some mechanism that gives you a medal that gives you a voucher to turn in at the clothing vendors i rarely see people use
I liked the minigame to open crates.
So that's what happened to them...?
Well then just punish players who don't crack the locks correctly.
(07-19-2022, 03:33 AM)Mouse Wrote: I liked the minigame to open crates.

You were the only one
I liked the minigames as well, though I understand the change
I think the new system lost some nuance the old system captured, but I would never want to go back to the old system.

The older system had two dimensions of difficulty that meant people might leave some boxes alone instead of opening them all. You might not want to spend time doing hangman, so focus on decalocks. You might not want to open a bomb anti-tamper decalock anyway. Someone else in a different situation might want to spend the time/risk there when they find it later.

if some of them had different opening mechanisms, e.g. the screwdriver door lock picking action, I think that would help keep *some* crates around until later in the round
Also enjoyed the mini games personally. It’s also a matter of a couple of the drops are appearing entirely too often. Saw a round recently where two voltons and 3 sets of thrusters were found. Then there is the bullion drops I had where I got 5 in a matter of minutes.

Basically and again I hate to say this as well, if we aren’t interested in reverting the change crate contents should be reviewed.
The minigame crates were either easy or impossible. The worst offenders were the ones were the guess the number crates attached to bombs.
My main issue with the change is it makes opening crates very convenient. The process used to be annoying, now its quick and easy. A little bit of inconvenience to doing something can go a long way towards discouraging people from doing it.
Yeah right now there is nothing preventing you from rushing the debris field, because the crate locations are known and there is very little risk involved.

I'd rather see this adressed by diluting the item pool with more hazardous crate content and less voltrons. Also shuffling the debris field a bit and maybe adding a bit more danger there, so the crate are a reward for exploring a dangerous area and not just free loot for anyone who can pilot a pod.

On the other hand the change is a net benefit to mining.