Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Big Pockets
Here on Goon we have our fashion problems. Sometimes you don't want to wear a gas mask for your job since it blocks those lovely shades you want to wear.
But alas... that is functionality vs fashion.

BUT THERE IS ONE... THAT IS UNFASHINOABLE WHENEVER!
The backpack and Satchel.
Yes they come in many colors and looks, but... the option to not to wear them is very limited.

And then I thought... wait there are things like Security Pouches to help Security carry more.
What if we had an item LIKE THAT for the backpack slot.. but it's NOT A BACKPACK?!

BEHOLD! Secret or big pockets. You can now have a a belt of large pockets on your person that can be hidden by coats and oversuits.
The functionality of a backpack or satchel without wearing one.
While at the same time.. if you aren't wearing a coat you look like a mercenary going to war!

And before you ask: "But it's realistic to---"
We can put large objects into the clowns fanny pack.. I doubt having "Large multiplue pockets" will matter.
So yea. That is the suggestion.
Just another variation of the satchel/backpack but this time it's a "belt of large pockets" (or multiplue security pouches)
id imagine goon inventory would need a bit of a code reorganization if we are to mimic clothing pockets from other codebases
not necessarily a fan of large pockets though, in other codebases, its balanced by only allowing items of certain item weight/size being allowed to go in or certain items having very specific blacklists cause it doesnt really work that way etc etc
then again, im not really a fan of goon inventory in general, its something i wanted to touch upon at some point

also call back to when i lost my shit when i was told you can put normal items into crayon boxes
(its literally just a box)
(07-18-2022, 03:34 AM)Nihisohel Wrote: id imagine goon inventory would need a bit of a code reorganization if we are to mimic clothing pockets from other codebases
not necessarily a fan of large pockets though, in other codebases, its balanced by only allowing items of certain item weight/size being allowed to go in or certain items having very specific blacklists cause it doesnt really work that way etc etc
then again, im not really a fan of goon inventory in general, its something i wanted to touch upon at some point

also call back to when i lost my shit when i was told you can put normal items into crayon boxes

they are clearly very large crayons

how else would the clown be able to hold them
(07-18-2022, 03:34 AM)Nihisohel Wrote: id imagine goon inventory would need a bit of a code reorganization if we are to mimic clothing pockets from other codebases

Okay time out time out... I never said CLOTHING POCKETS! I didn't even know other codebases had that XD

Great you started a 1 star review cause of your missconception.

No no no.. I mean something that is FUNCTIONALLY the same thing as a backpack, but is really just large pouches you carry on your body.
I was NOT GOING with the pockets on clothing since I know that's a NIGHTMARE TO CODE!

I think more in the ways of Military belts and vests. Insted they put big belts over their shoulders and wear pockets up front on their body filled with stuff.
THAT IS MY IDEA! Thus if you wear a coat or robe or whatever, it's invisible. But when you wear nothing over it, it looks like you are some sort of mercenary bad ass.

ITS NOTHING MORE THEN A FASHION IDEA!
(07-18-2022, 05:28 AM)Kotlol Wrote: No no no.. I mean something that is FUNCTIONALLY the same thing as a backpack, but is really just large pouches you carry on your body.
I was NOT GOING with the pockets on clothing since I know that's a NIGHTMARE TO CODE!

I think more in the ways of Military belts and vests. Insted they put big belts over their shoulders and wear pockets up front on their body filled with stuff.
THAT IS MY IDEA! Thus if you wear a coat or robe or whatever, it's invisible. But when you wear nothing over it, it looks like you are some sort of mercenary bad ass.

ITS NOTHING MORE THEN A FASHION IDEA!

yeah, other codebases have this too, attachable accessories to jumpsuits, i started work on this sprite wise a year or so ago but i dropped it
i mean unless you mean something that just replaces the backpack slot then well then sure whatever

actually reading the post now, not necessarily a fan of being able to hide what you backpack you are wearing
we already have nukies hiding their military bags with satchels
Wallets I think could be nice. Just like a civilian pouch but for cash and pens and junk
(07-18-2022, 06:38 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Wallets I think could be nice. Just like a civilian pouch but for cash and pens and junk

Exactly stuff like this. 
Maybe just having things that work similiarly like "security pouches" could be nice , though THAT frees up the slot for Jetpacks and such.
I simply recommended a "new" backpack, that is something you can wear under the "Coat slot"

Since more often then not... sometimes backpacks stick out something that looks cool design wise, but gotta have that satchel/backpack blocking it or else you can't carry things. And not everyone can get their hands on utility belts (wich again frees up the jetpack option and such)

I just wanted a cosemetic item that functions like the backpack but can be "practically" invisible if you wear a coat and such.

Also Nukies satchels is indeed one of the ideas for it, but the difference with those is.. you don't wear them on your backpack slot.
This is litterly A BACKPACK SLOT!