Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Make the Regional Director a Gimmick Role worth the Rank and Pay
Aight so, fake RD holds more power than real RD. And that's totally OK.
However, even though it's a gimmick role I feel that the fake RD job is a missed opportunity to be honest.

As 'Regional Director' I always have a person in mind who overlooks the Station.
As if they had duties on multiple stations, keeping everything in check, ideally without interfering.
Ultimate goal to keep the crew productive, handling cash, minor promotions/demotions linked to the paycheck and step up if command fails.
Without being any part of Sec or EGun gaming.
Just fancy words on comms, cursing CE for not starting the TEG, demoting them and ultimately starting the TEG/Power Source on their own.
Since it is for the greater good of the station and a greater paycheck too.

So, I don't want to limit gimmick AA, right, make a vise-director or something but the idea I'm having

*An experience job. Without fancy applications, unlocks at ~500h hours, spent at least ~20h on command.
Because you have to be able to do any job and command too in case of 'failure'.
*Keep it available only after round-start. People who are able to pick it are probably antag experienced too.
Have them be able to get antag but not join with it. 
*Adjust the Spacebucks paycheck to the performance of the station at round-end.
*???
*Profit

Why limit it?
(Well I already saw too many Directors who just picked anything without having a clue, but)
*More Prestige with the mighty 'H'
*May help stations at times with an experienced head on stand-by 
*New interesting role may provide more interesting situations, for better and worse

Just a wild idea to be honest, lets go ping-pong and hear ya thoughts on it.... maybe, possibly?

Boogiebot
So.. basicly.. the captain or HoP.. but they HAVE TO BE COMPITENT.
Not quite though.
Limited.
No fancy cap equipment and not an active head.
More of an Centcom advisor. Competent, yes. That's the idea behind it.