Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Revert the change that prevented legless people from holding things
I don't really see the point of making it.  The massive loss in movement speed is already enough of a balancing effect from what I've seen. 

I also have philosophical objections to significant balance changes being made but not appearing in the changelog, but what's done is done.
I have philosophical objections to people who make reactionary threads with "revert" in the title.
A change so nonsensical and idiotic as one that prevents people without legs from using their hands (or, indeed, interacting with their surroundings in any fashion) deserves nothing more than an immediate call to revert it.
Definitely agree with this, Pretty illogical change both gameplay wise and logic wise
Why was this a change? It serves no purpose than to punish people who lose their legs.
I could see an argument for not being able to have things in both hands. After all you are crawling around on your hands like a toddler. But an item on a single hand would be more than doable.
(07-13-2022, 03:29 PM)Mouse Wrote: A change so nonsensical and idiotic as one that prevents people without legs from using their hands (or, indeed, interacting with their surroundings in any fashion) deserves nothing more than an immediate call to revert it.

This isn't actually how the change works. You can still use your hands as long as you're not resting. If you are resting, you can't use your hands - which is consistent with how things work even when you do have all your arms and legs.
Just wait till you guys see what happens when you lose both arms
(07-13-2022, 05:54 PM)DimWhat Wrote: Just wait till you guys see what happens when you lose both arms

You can't walk anymore?
So wait he's complaining about not sitting in chairs or wheelchairs???
But being face down for not having legs?
Not quite.

Former behavior - if you were legless, you were constantly horizontal, very slow, and you could hold items. Basically, its only effect was to slow you down and perform a visual change. (Being horizontal without having the lying-down status.)

New behavior afaik, correct me if I am wrong, haven't gotten a chance to experience it firsthand - you are very slow, but not constantly horizontal. You can hold stuff, but if you move, you fall over, dropping your item and attaining the lying-down status.

I am personally not a fan of the change. Mechanically - the slowdown on its own was already incredibly debilitating. As far as the logic of how your character is holding stuff, I am already not a huge fan of being unable to hold anything because you are lying down. That veers into the mechanics and balance of a whole other aspect of item management, though.
people would abuse this to dodge every single shot from energy weapons while lying down and shooting back.

nukie knight for example were obscenely powerful - if you managed to get a kinetic they'd just deflect the rare shots you did hit.

this is the purpose of this change.
(07-14-2022, 08:32 AM)Cal Wrote: people would abuse this to dodge every single shot from energy weapons while lying down and shooting back.

nukie knight for example were obscenely powerful - if you managed to get a kinetic they'd just deflect the rare shots you did hit.

Makes sense.. let alone legless is suppose to be a handicap anyway.. YOU CHOSE THE HARD MODE!
(07-14-2022, 08:32 AM)Cal Wrote: people would abuse this to dodge every single shot from energy weapons while lying down and shooting back.

I'm positive I've been hit by energy weapons while lying down, but even so it seems like the better change would be to just make not having legs make you lie down.
lying down dodges taser stuns at the very least, i have literally seen legless players wearing welding masks bully secoffs and then just disarm the baton and stun them.