Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Revert the change that prevented legless people from holding things
(07-14-2022, 01:48 PM)Cal Wrote: lying down dodges taser stuns at the very least, i have literally seen legless players wearing welding masksĀ  bully secoffs and then just disarm the baton and stun them.

That sounds like a problem with taser stuns then, not having no legs.
??? "Hey you can dodge tasers by lying down, which not only prevents easy chaining of taser stuns, but is a high risk high reward strategy and very intentional, but theres this one niche strategy that ruins the balance of this. We should touch upon the former which has massive implications instead of the latter."
why would we nerf all people including ones skilled enough to lie down during a fight over legless people who can hold things
Firstly, i believe it is good that lying down gets normalized around all cases. It doesn't make sense and is counter-intuitive that it behaves differently for walking-capable and legless people. Abd for as long people in wheelchairs are considered standing, this should be fine in reality.

(07-14-2022, 08:32 AM)Cal Wrote: people would abuse this to dodge every single shot from energy weapons while lying down and shooting back.

nukie knight for example were obscenely powerful - if you managed to get a kinetic they'd just deflect the rare shots you did hit.

this is the purpose of this change.

Normally, explosives exists for bunkering down nukies. And grenades work rather well against this form of tactic.
I like how everyone is trying to tell Cal to revert it when he brings up GREAT ARGUMENTS on why this was changed.

I hear: "Just throw bombs at them"
I hear: "Don't use ranged weapons"
I hear: "Fixed ranged weapons"

But what I don't hear is...
"Legless people are standing fix"
or such things.

I consider legless, no arms, corpse to be: "You bought this to be funny or have a harder time, that's the point of them"
You don't roll pug and then find an exploitive advantage and then go: "Pug nerfed for no reason! BUFF THEM!"
No.. pugs are ment to be a challange. THATS THEIR ROLE!!

Same as legless... I am sorry, but this would only give more value to wheel chairs and chairs with rolls on them.
I am 100% on the side of not reverting this change and if we do.. legless people are now "standing targets" because of how slow they are.
Since it's silly security or anyone can't aim down, but ducking to avoid being shot is a thing.
now apply the moving-knocks-you-down behaviour to people who are absolutely shitfaced