Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ling/Vamp/WW npc eating changes
(07-12-2022, 03:50 PM)aloe Wrote: yeah if multiple antag types are relying on freebie NPCs to function then I'd rather we just. fix that
and that's probably not happening if they can still get the free points
I'm not going to be the one to improve the antags so I can't say how that'll look, but I'm fine with having an uncomfortable interim while we figure out how to make the antags better/more functional in general (this goes for RP too- we can tweak abilities for RP if it gives a better experience. Lower point costs/thresholds maybe).

edit: oh also geneticists on RP doing the I Eat Twelve Monkeys gimmick sucked. always uninteresting for the rest of the crew and just annoying for sec when you're confronting an evil alien/vampire who's greatest interest is obtaining the galactic high score in most monkeys eaten

why not in the meantime just make it so the first few stages of changeling/vampire powers are cheaper, and leave more gaps in the middle
Well as far as I always saw it using NPCs or monkeys to gain points was always a rude meta gamey/power gamey move that should have a stigma of shame to it. So I don't really care much if that was removed.
also wanted to add on the subject of less than ideal point farm methods, maybe make ssd people not viable to consume either? harming braindead people seems like a scummier point farming method than anything (and in rps case just against the rules, preventing them from just doing it anyway would save a lot of confusion i imagine)
(07-12-2022, 07:49 PM)Retrino Wrote: also wanted to add on the subject of less than ideal point farm methods, maybe make ssd people not viable to consume either? harming braindead people seems like a scummier point farming method than anything (and in rps case just against the rules, preventing them from just doing it anyway would save a lot of confusion i imagine)

this would just allow scumbags to DC when they are about to get consumed to ensure the ling/dog/bat doesnt get a preferable meal
My gripe with this change is mostly that it's counterintuitive on vampires.

Before it was just about blood. Bloodbags? Ok, they work. Monkeys and other npc's have blood as well. What happens if you strap an empty IV bag on a npc-monkey, does that work? Damn, what is about changeling blood from blood oranges?

This change just leaves many questions when we talk about vampires on a conceptual level. And i don't think it's good.

What i could see would be a cap on blood from npc's and non-player sources. Like 400 or so.

That way, the powergamer that sucks out monkey blood doesn't unlock that many new abilities, while they are still a source of blood for desperate vampires, starved thralls or an "ethical vampire" gimmic
(07-12-2022, 08:41 PM)Nihisohel Wrote:
(07-12-2022, 07:49 PM)Retrino Wrote: also wanted to add on the subject of less than ideal point farm methods, maybe make ssd people not viable to consume either? harming braindead people seems like a scummier point farming method than anything (and in rps case just against the rules, preventing them from just doing it anyway would save a lot of confusion i imagine)

this would just allow scumbags to DC when they are about to get consumed to ensure the ling/dog/bat doesnt get a preferable meal

Don't even need to be a scumbag, a lot of new players leave the game when they're dying I've found.
(07-13-2022, 01:48 AM)Lord_earthfire Wrote: starved thralls

…are unaffected I think.

Maybe the message for vamps needs to say something snide about how the blood is barely fit for thralls.

Likewise lings could also get a message about how they don’t feel abominable enough or something
For the most part i dont like this change (mostly because it's really not the most intuitive for newer players who happen to roll these rolls)

(07-12-2022, 03:50 PM)aloe Wrote: edit: oh also geneticists on RP doing the I Eat Twelve Monkeys gimmick sucked. always uninteresting for the rest of the crew and just annoying for sec when you're confronting an evil alien/vampire who's greatest interest is obtaining the galactic high score in most monkeys eaten
although stopping this is probably a good thing.