Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ling/Vamp/WW npc eating changes
Really not a fan of this change, but more so in regards to the rp servers. The ability to eat npcs to unlock specific powers that you can use for rp, without killing and taking actual players out in the process, ESPECIALLY for changelings (where you get no points without fully consuming, with no way to bring that person back unless they were prescanned) imo limits rp potential with some nonhuman antags without forcing them to kill. Personally don't like the idea of half assing an rp kill just to get enough points to do the gimmick planned 

As a balance change I get it, rushing diner for npcs and points was meta. Geneticist farming monkey humans, takes little effort. I know devs don't want mechanical differences between rp and classic, but the nerf really just mildly inconvenienced classic players and made attacking others the only means on rp if you want to do basically anything with your powers, which seems kind of not great. I can already hear the "antags should be killing anyway" from a mile away, I realize that murder drives the round, but honestly, building a more interesting plot with your status should be prioritized over your means of doing it

(yes this is mainly a post about lings)
Ah so now there is even less of a reason to go to the space diner good change …..
(07-12-2022, 07:59 AM)DioChasek Wrote: Ah so now there is even less of a reason to go to the space diner good change …..

Besides it being a fantastic place to lure people and RP?
(07-12-2022, 07:59 AM)DioChasek Wrote: Ah so now there is even less of a reason to go to the space diner good change …..

I mean it's just a nice place to hang out, if an incentive to go there was getting free antag points or catching antags then that's a good thing to lose.
(07-12-2022, 08:43 AM)DimWhat Wrote:

I mean it's just a nice place to hang out, if an incentive to go there was getting free antag points or catching antags then that's a good thing to lose.
Alternatively it’s a way as stated earlier to get upgrades for not harming the crew. I perceive that alone as a net loss. Anything that hinders a “peaceful” approach to an antag is bogus imo.
just some thoughts. things i already said in the discord chat, but the discussion was pretty quick, so i think it's fair to post here!!

to be honest, i disagree. i think the pr will bring a good change, or at least i hope so.

i understand wanting to do gimmicks as antags. but i think there is a culture in rp servers whereby antags don't act like antags, there is almost fear of killing other players, of doing "bad" things. gimmicks are often the priority. i really saw people saying they felt pressured in doing gimmicks as antags and,, uhh? you dont have to!!

id like to see rp antagonists kill more and without fear of doing so. or if not kill, at least act like what they are: the bad guys.
also considering that there is a respawn of 10 minutes. you're not ending someone else's round, they can always come back and play in no time.

so i hope the pr can bring some changes on rp servers.
RIP being able to DNA sting the entire station into Shitty Bill.

Also honestly this is a massive nerf for wolves which really don't need one, especially on the population that main gets.
(07-12-2022, 11:57 AM)Mouse Wrote: RIP being able to DNA sting the entire station into Shitty Bill.

Also honestly this is a massive nerf for wolves which really don't need one, especially on the population that main gets.
 This is the other part. It’s a nerf to the 3 of the weakest overall antags (sleeper agent and conspirators aside.) To compare it to a meme from Dead by Daylight. The Nurse has been over performing at the highest levels in response we have nerfed the Pig.
(07-12-2022, 11:57 AM)Mouse Wrote: RIP being able to DNA sting the entire station into Shitty Bill.

I think you can still do this, Im preeeeeeety sure you take identities on aggressive grabs now.

Wait no it doesnt. Welp easy fix
(07-12-2022, 01:36 PM)DioChasek Wrote:

This is the other part. It’s a nerf to the 3 of the weakest overall antags (sleeper agent and conspirators aside.) To compare it to a meme from Dead by Daylight. The Nurse has been over performing at the highest levels in response we have nerfed the Pig.

werewolf and ling or arcfiend are truly some of the weakest overall antags, with there insta stun abilities and large rampage potential.
Okay so we at the moment lost:
Free DNA to start a shitty bill infection or such.
The abillity to be Shitty Bill or give Shitty bill even if WE KILL.

While I am fine with the Space Diner killing meaning no points or no points from draining monkeys.
I still think zombies should have a bloodbag with monkeys.. since well... they deteriorate... they don't care.

Other wise...I'll miss the free pandemic stuff, but I got enough changeling gimmicks to go about that doesn't require early leads or killing (but basic annoyance that is antagonistic) So I am not too upset.

If I wanna start some sort of pandemic or people becoming me , I have to kill and that's fine.
If an antag is too weak, we can buff it. Getting a couple freebies is not a great method for upping the power of an antag because it would only buff a single antag on that current round. The fact that the antag is too weak remains there for anyone except those that got to the diner first.
yeah if multiple antag types are relying on freebie NPCs to function then I'd rather we just. fix that
and that's probably not happening if they can still get the free points
I'm not going to be the one to improve the antags so I can't say how that'll look, but I'm fine with having an uncomfortable interim while we figure out how to make the antags better/more functional in general (this goes for RP too- we can tweak abilities for RP if it gives a better experience. Lower point costs/thresholds maybe).

edit: oh also geneticists on RP doing the I Eat Twelve Monkeys gimmick sucked. always uninteresting for the rest of the crew and just annoying for sec when you're confronting an evil alien/vampire who's greatest interest is obtaining the galactic high score in most monkeys eaten
you can still do shitty bill stations with stable mutagen, try, being a traitor with a syringe gun or sleepy pen.
(07-12-2022, 03:50 PM)aloe Wrote: edit: oh also geneticists on RP doing the I Eat Twelve Monkeys gimmick sucked. always uninteresting for the rest of the crew and just annoying for sec when you're confronting an evil alien/vampire who's greatest interest is obtaining the galactic high score in most monkeys eaten

Geneticists having to leave the console???? Preposterous