Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Security Borgs
(07-13-2022, 06:44 AM)Rilor Wrote: going to give my opinion on these suggestions:
-first off please keep the pen (and maybe crayon), the ability to write stuff down is probably going to be underused but it is useful.
-second, why remove the zippo lighter but add an igniter?
-third, bloodtrack i dont really like as ive always considered it one of the detectives toys
-fourth, luminol bottle yes please, its very useful and i either forget to bring it or don't want to use it because using it all up means waiting for chemistry to listen to me.
-tape dispenser, considering most of sec is probably going to be busy hunting down the cause of the crime if a crime happens, itll be good to have someone set up tape around a crime scene

Removed the pen because borgs already get a typewriter.

The igniter replacing the lighter is just because they are cooler and don't need refilling. Makes more sense for a borg to have too. Plus, if you are getting a borg to light your cigarette, it is cooler if it is an igniter over a common lighter.
(07-12-2022, 12:42 PM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(07-12-2022, 12:11 PM)Technature Wrote: I feel like "They are tools" and "They don't just replace people" should be obvious, especially since Borging someone is generally considered a punishment.  Smart Borg players can and always will be better as a Borg than a Human player at tasks at large, even if it's mostly whatever their borg module is specialized in, and that's ignoring the "I don't care about Oxygen or Temperature" thing Borgs have going for them.  It's just how Borgs are and is probably made that way so the few Borgs on the station can be a genuine threat and so that people being made into a Cyborg as punishment don't just go "Well, my fun is done today" and just log off.  I...know that doesn't stop them, but I'm sure more people would just quit if being a Cyborg sucked to play.

The first clause can definitely be explained a bit better on the wiki though.

being called a tool is kind of demeaning, don't you think

i just think there can be a medium between it  being meant as a punishment and silicon enjoyers such as myself and other posters in the thread

I feel like you're looking a little too into what I'm saying.  Cyborgs are people that playing the game, just as humans and certain monkeys and clowns are.  It goes without saying.  But you're also playing a role where, at the beginning of the round at least, you have to do things another group says.  You'll generally be treated like another person unless you're being told to follow the obvious antag law that the obvious antag put into your laws, and that is how it should be.  But gameplay wise, as far as the average human is concerned Cyborgs are tools to them.

It's not something the average person considers cyborg players.  Which is good, because if the average Human treated the average Cyborg like that it would be insufferable.  But I won't ignore how Cyborgs as a role are on the rules.
The main problem with Brobocops is that they can't turn into a motorcycle the HoS can ride
(07-13-2022, 07:26 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: The main problem with Brobocops is that they can't turn into a motorcycle the HoS can ride

Frank out here dropping truth bombs.
Just had a mini brain blast while spectating this thread:
What if brobocop had a tool to stash up to two securitrons inside of it? Like the atmospherics transporter but for securitrons. Obviously officer beepsky wouldn’t be able to be picked up because he wouldn’t like it. To compliment this, what if he also had another tool that allowed the borg to access the sec records? This would help him out as a support tool, being awkward to use to 1v1 someone, but would help out as a support for an officer already in a situation, and the borg could access the security record on the spot, and set up a securitron to stand guard.
(07-16-2022, 05:55 PM)Jakson Wrote: Just had a mini brain blast while spectating this thread:
What if brobocop had a tool to stash up to two securitrons inside of it? Like the atmospherics transporter but for securitrons. Obviously officer beepsky wouldn’t be able to be picked up because he wouldn’t like it. To compliment this, what if he also had another tool that allowed the borg to access the sec records? This would help him out as a support tool, being awkward to use to 1v1 someone, but would help out as a support for an officer already in a situation, and the borg could access the security record on the spot, and set up a securitron to stand guard.

what
(07-16-2022, 06:23 PM)Nihisohel Wrote:
(07-16-2022, 05:55 PM)Jakson Wrote: Just had a mini brain blast while spectating this thread:

what

Wrote that text wall after getting off a 6 hour flight, lemme clarify:
What if the brobocop borg could PICK UP the securitrons to deploy them, like the engiborg picks up atmos canisters
Give brobocops a siren hat button so they can do police chases.
(07-16-2022, 07:03 PM)Jakson Wrote:
(07-16-2022, 06:23 PM)Nihisohel Wrote:

what

Wrote that text wall after getting off a 6 hour flight, lemme clarify:
What if the brobocop borg could PICK UP the securitrons to deploy them, like the engiborg picks up atmos canisters

what
this thread is so far off the main topic and spammy now. im just gonna repeat again brobocop is a joke module
Its the Clown of borgs.
(07-16-2022, 09:01 PM)Cal Wrote: this thread is so far off the main topic and spammy now. im just gonna repeat again brobocop is a joke module

Agreed on derailing (wich is why I made my discussion spot), also we've removed "joke stuff" before or changed it.
Sometimes I just want to go around and play the Bullet sound to mess with people.

Let me have my fun.