Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
There is no insentive for nuclear operatives to get the authorization disk
I have interacted with nukeops quite a number of times (both as a civilian and as a nuclear operative myself) and i can't recount one time when they went after the authenticaton disk. Is there a way to give an extra reward for nukies for hunting for the disk while not making that reward too OP?
The ability to make your entire job 30% easier (3 minutes removed) is a pretty balanced incentive. One scout to flank while the rest of the team holds the fort down is usually enough to secure the disk.
In RP however where Nukies only spawn on admin terms.. it's worthless :P
From what I've been getting lately nukies don't go after the disk much because there's a lot of inexperienced blood, not really anything to do with the disk not being worth it.
stealth ops don't really work as well when there's usually 70+ people on the server at a time, you're bound to get caught by someone mugging the captain at which point it becomes clear what you're doing if you just take the disk
killing is too fun
(07-08-2022, 11:57 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: stealth ops don't really work as well when there's usually 70+ people on the server at a time, you're bound to get caught by someone mugging the captain at which point it becomes clear what you're doing if you just take the disk

This. Back when I played 2 more, stealthops was common (and hella fun). But on 1, the very rare infil or scout gets gunned dear near instantly if they try and snag the disk.
Infil is by far the most powerful nukie class. Getting the AI on side is a game changer, and once the bomb is actually planted, people are usually to busy throwing themselves at the bomb to notice you mug the captain. It's also got the best gun besides the sniper rifle, the tranq gun.

It would be fun if their was a stealth op win condition though, cause team stealth ops doesn't really work. Maybe it could involve gathering items like the auth disk off every head of staff, to have the timer reduced to 2-3 minutes. Even then stealth ops seems more suited to small teams, which doesn't happen often.
(07-14-2022, 11:32 AM)Rmeaper Wrote: Infil is by far the most powerful nukie class. Getting the AI on side is a game changer, and once the bomb is actually planted, people are usually to busy throwing themselves at the bomb to notice you mug the captain. It's also got the best gun besides the sniper rifle, the tranq gun.

It would be fun if their was a stealth op win condition though, cause team stealth ops doesn't really work. Maybe it could involve gathering items like the auth disk off every head of staff, to have the timer reduced to 2-3 minutes. Even then stealth ops seems more suited to small teams, which doesn't happen often.

Knight is way stronger than the Infil. I've never seen the infil get to the AI, usually they get caught early, or they go with the nuke crew and not do much since they lack raw killing power