Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CLOSED PR] Make Molitz Beta form N2O through catalysis
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[INPUT WANTED][FEATURE][ADD TO WIKI]

About the PR

This PR makes:
- Nitrogen suppress Molitz Beta's Oxygen Beta production and beta cycle consumption
- Oxygen Beta preferentially catalyze N2O production over reacting with plasma

This gives Nitrogen a role in the betaburn. As a side effect, this makes it easier to acquire N2O.

Why's this needed?

Betaburns can be difficult to control. If an engineer needs to attend other duties, like repairing the station, it is very easy for a betaburn to choke itself in oxygen if the crystal is left in the chamber, or die down if the crystal is removed, or otherwise have its Oxygen Beta be wasted. In any case, excepting the CE (who has access to the Mechanics' Lab), the engineer must run into the chamber and grab the crystal, which is funny but dangerous.

This PR adds a way to control the behavior of Molitz Beta from the gas mixer, allowing engineers to put a "pause" on the burn without running in and physically grabbing it. I personally find gas interactions to be the most interesting part of chamberburns, and since this PR enhances Molitz Beta's gas interactions, I think it would make betaburns more appealing.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)maybeserendipitous
(*)Molitz Beta can be suppressed with Nitrogen
(*)Oxygen Beta preferentially catalyzes N2O creation over reacting with Plasma

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
very interesting. I'd like to see what others think as well, but giving N2 greater function and purpose seems ideal to me, and not too terribly hard from an info perspective to sort of re-roll it out to teach new players about how it functions since use is minimal as of current

Dont forget to tag to add to wiki!