Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Remove conversion from counterrev implants.
This is something ive been thinking on for a few days and while it would definitely fuck with rev balance a lot, I think itd be worth it. By having counterrev implants no longer convert on there own, you force the sec off to escalate with revs. Any derevving action will have to have hitting involved, and violence one way heavily promotes violence the other. This change would hopefully lead to far more action in rev rounds and far less apathetic revs considering theyre likely going to see beating people up used to convert people thus realizing they can do it on other people, and theyre going to be beaten by a baton anyways.
this sounds like it would only lead to an ungodly amount of civilian deaths from most loyals not caring enough to heal the converted rev afterward (nor is there anything to compel them to, a corpse cant assist revs)
Being converted heals and also deaths and bloodshed are good for a gamemode like revs.
(07-05-2022, 05:51 PM)Ikea Wrote: Being converted heals and also deaths and bloodshed are good for a gamemode like revs.

Being converted itself does not heal. The loyalty heals and if there is incentive to beat them down then it is likely people will outdamage the loyalty implant, frankly I'll even admit myself I tend to just leave revs dying on the floor after unrevving them because there isn't time to fix them.
(07-05-2022, 07:26 PM)Drewmajor11 Wrote:
(07-05-2022, 05:51 PM)Ikea Wrote: Being converted heals and also deaths and bloodshed are good for a gamemode like revs.

Being converted itself does not heal. The loyalty heals and if there is incentive to beat them down then it is likely people will outdamage the loyalty implant, frankly I'll even admit myself I tend to just leave revs dying on the floor after unrevving them because there isn't time to fix them.

Converting by significant usage of percussive maintence does heal you up to 30% hp. I had the idea of a brief 3 second or so effect that gave you increased melee prot just to give people a bit of time to realize oh they converted time to stop hitting em, but that would be a change separate to the one discussed here.
hitting people =/= less apathy
its just like real life, people dont want to step in unless its of someone importance or it massively benefits them

an already apathetic player wouldnt really care about another unless theyre being attacked themselves or could be a game changer
someone in a process of being loyaltied is also pretty obvious

sec isnt the goal for revs anyway, its the heads,
its just extra hassle for sec to derev say, an entire horde of people whereas a revhead with a revbang can rev an entire room
so this would be more of a rev biased changed as is
99% of the time I find "apathetic" people really just dont know what to do, and when theyre showed to join in a mob of beating people up they will.
this wouldnt fix the new player-ism problem in the argument though?
people would still not know what to do despite the suggested changes, more so itll just lead to more people to say shitsec or "wtf"

it is still quite vague for new players to understand that beating non revs can benefit a revolution without reading the rev pop up

they arent inclined to do anything until ordered to anyway
this wouldnt fix apathy, this would just make revs even more of a pain to deal with sec sided
If they see someone beat up and then being converted, theyre likely to realize that beating people up converts.
this would just repeat if i keep going but ill pivot the argument back to the fact that there will be more civilian casualties than not, even if the conversion heals a little, the convertee usually will be found in a non favorable situation to do anything else anyway

point still stands, this suggestion is rev biased and serves to be more of a pain in the ass for sec to deal with

(07-06-2022, 10:00 AM)Ikea Wrote: If they see someone beat up and then being converted, theyre likely to realize that beating people up converts.

and for the record, this still wouldnt fix new player-ism
most new players would need a round to understand this extensively, youre expecting as if apathy would go away with something as drastic as your suggestion, but im not continuing my side of the argument
(07-06-2022, 08:29 AM)Ikea Wrote: 99% of the time I find "apathetic" people really just dont know what to do, and when theyre showed to join in a mob of beating people up they will.

I would have to agree with this. We have a lot of difficult systems and honestly, there's like no info to go on for revs. Why risk being in the wrong and getting in trouble. Revs is an interesting game mode, but it feels like the majority of the players are upset after a revolution round happens.