Complaint sord213 - Goon1, Heisenbee - June 13, 2022 ~3PM EST
Server: Goonstation 1, Heisenbee
Date + Time: June 13, 2022 at ~3PM Eastern Time
Synopsis: I would like to start by saying this isn't really a complaint, but it just felt like it should be listed as one since there is a request portion to it. Basically at the specified time I fucked up and had more smoke in a chem nade than I expected, leading to a large problem in medbay entrance. I was banned for 2 weeks and job banned from RD and Scientist after this, with the listed ban reason being "Decided to try to hellsmoke a wizard in the medbay lobby, killing at least one innocent person. Since you were already banned for attempting to canbomb a blob you can take another break to read our rules. Also applying a job ban for any science job".

I completely understand the job ban from the perspective of just reading the ban reason listed, but I really believe there are a lot of details present in my ban appeal that are important to the decision. Without going into too much depth since my previous ban appeal can be found here, the canbomb was of a known size, just slightly larger than a maxcap ttv; It was placed on the very furthest external part of the station, and I had been messaging other crew members and only started the process after getting many affirmations to do so. While in hindsight I was a jackass for not Ahelping the situation and affirming that reports on the state of the blob were accurate, my point in bringing it up is that it wasn't some random canbomb intended for griefing. 
As for the medbay incident, I detailed it in more depth here.

Once I received my 2 week ban and job ban, I made a ban appeal trying to explain what had happened, and basically just said that I agree with the ban itself, but would appreciate it if my other ban appeal could be read for context since I believe the job ban portion to be a bit harsh once details are considered. It's been about 3 weeks now and I haven't heard back. I've tried looking for sord213 on discord, but I believe they either aren't in it or that they have a different discord name they go by. I wasn't quite sure where to bring this matter up, so I posted an Ahelp about it in Goon1 asking where I could appeal a job ban, but as of now I haven't received any response yet.

Overall I don't really have any problem with the conduct of sord213, or any of their actions taken. I just feel that there is a lot more to my situation than was considered at the time the job ban was made, and would greatly appreciate if it could be reviewed by someone (preferably sord213, I would like to emphasize I don't want to go behind their back or anything, I just have been unable to reach them in any capacity). I apologize if this isn't the appropriate location for this post, I just have run out of ideas for where else to bring it up.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, it means a lot to me.
        - Taylor Kellogg

Extra Information:

Canbomb Ban Appeal - https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=19027
Medbay Incident Ban/Job Ban Appeal - https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=19069

Sorry about the text color, I had to manually change color on part and forgot the background is grey. Going to repost in comment here for visibilities sake.

Server: Goonstation 1, Heisenbee

Date + Time: June 13, 2022 at ~3PM Eastern Time
Synopsis: I would like to start by saying this isn't really a complaint, but it just felt like it should be listed as one since there is a request portion to it. Basically at the specified time I fucked up and had more smoke in a chem nade than I expected, leading to a large problem in medbay entrance. I was banned for 2 weeks and job banned from RD and Scientist after this, with the listed ban reason being "Decided to try to hellsmoke a wizard in the medbay lobby, killing at least one innocent person. Since you were already banned for attempting to canbomb a blob you can take another break to read our rules. Also applying a job ban for any science job".

I completely understand the job ban from the perspective of just reading the ban reason listed, but I really believe there are a lot of details present in my ban appeal that are important to the decision. Without going into too much depth since my previous ban appeal can be found here, the canbomb was of a known size, just slightly larger than a maxcap ttv; It was placed on the very furthest external part of the station, and I had been messaging other crew members and only started the process after getting many affirmations to do so. While in hindsight I was a jackass for not Ahelping the situation and affirming that reports on the state of the blob were accurate, my point in bringing it up is that it wasn't some random canbomb intended for griefing. As for the medbay incident, I detailed it in more depth here.

Once I received my 2 week ban and job ban, I made a ban appeal trying to explain what had happened, and basically just said that I agree with the ban itself, but would appreciate it if my other ban appeal could be read for context since I believe the job ban portion to be a bit harsh once details are considered. It's been about 3 weeks now and I haven't heard back. I've tried looking for sord213 on discord, but I believe they either aren't in it or that they have a different discord name they go by. I wasn't quite sure where to bring this matter up, so I posted an Ahelp about it in Goon1 asking where I could appeal a job ban, but as of now I haven't received any response yet.

Overall I don't really have any problem with the conduct of sord213, or any of their actions taken. I just feel that there is a lot more to my situation than was considered at the time the job ban was made, and would greatly appreciate if it could be reviewed by someone (preferably sord213, I would like to emphasize I don't want to go behind their back or anything, I just have been unable to reach them in any capacity). I apologize if this isn't the appropriate location for this post, I just have run out of ideas for where else to bring it up.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, it means a lot to me.
- Taylor Kellogg

Extra Information:

Canbomb Ban Appeal - https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=19027

Medbay Incident Ban/Job Ban Appeal - https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=19069
If you're not an antagonist, do not attempt to kill antags in ways that cause collateral damage. Plain and simple.

I didn't respond to your ban appeal because it was a 14 day ban for griefing and I was busy, but I would not have lifted it anyways. Take your punishment and learn from it. Posting a complaint (that's not a complaint, apparently!) because you didn't get a response won't get you anywhere.
(07-05-2022, 06:55 PM)Sord213 Wrote: If you're not an antagonist, do not attempt to kill antags in ways that cause collateral damage. Plain and simple.

I didn't respond to your ban appeal because it was a 14 day ban for griefing and I was busy, but I would not have lifted it anyways. Take your punishment and learn from it. Posting a complaint (that's not a complaint, apparently!) because you didn't get a response won't get you anywhere.

Absolutely, I'd like to reiterate I have absolutely no problem with the ban or any actions you took. I am just requesting that you look at the context for my other ban appeal since you job banned me citing the previous incident. This was never meant to be a complaint in the traditional sense, it is more so just the only way I can think of to reach you since you don't appear to have the same discord name.
I will accept any decision you make no questions asked, I just truly believe that the ban appeal for the can bomb incident you referenced has many details that heavily change how bad the incident was. I hold no ill will toward you, and understand that life comes first. It would just mean a lot to me if you could take a moment to skim the situation and give me the peace of mind that this wasn't a misplaced punishment.