HoS Application
Usual character name: Vergil DMC
BYOND username: Lexicon0214
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Lexicon0214#2156

Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play: Goon1 Heisenbee

Reason for application: I've been playing for close to 2 years hopping between Security, Medical and Silicons and have a solid grasp on how the game does things mostly, and I've often considered applying before but was always hesitant due to my poor essay skills

Security experience (300 word minimum):     I think I should be HoS because I’ve strived to be a fair Cop while still knowing when I need to get serious with a dangerous antag, like when there’s a ling who knows their stuff. I try saving those that are downed or hurt real bad whenever I see them because of cross pollination with medical experience and heal them, and give help to newer players or for players that need a little help in areas, for example when there was a blob and a player needed help building a flamethrower. Typically I am a bit more lax while not being apathetic towards newer antags so they can at least have a chance to learn the antag role a bit better, for traitors I would mark them for parole to know that its them, I recommend to vampires that they go for bloodbags to get skills for the sake of seeing the skills (until they start sucking people’s blood directly, then they get the ol’ muzzle/staple combo).

I try making sure sec is all squared away with the Cloning disks in sec and Pinpointers set so we can track down potential stolen gear/sec corpses.When there’s nukies I am either on the front lines trying to incapacitate the nukies long enough to destroy the nuke or as a doctor trying to keep everyone healed enough to keep fighting the nukies. It’s typically a rare event for me to be on during rev rounds but when it happens I try to make sure QM isn’t revved so we can order more loyalty implants after the ammo vendor runs dry of them, and Coordinate with the rest of the team as one always should so we all know who is a revhead and who is a normal rev. I do believe that when it comes to playing security that teamwork is key, as Lone wolf secoffs can easily be overwhelmed by a number of antags, or even one if they’re competent enough.

I do apologize if it's hard to read that, as I said my essay writing skills are terrible and that's bleeding into my application

• "What advice would you give to other sec players?"
    when you're not immediately using sec gear such as batons, always keep them stored so people can't swap them out of your hands

• "What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?"
    Maybe try tweaking the security flashers to also go off while people walk, as anyone who knows that they don't go off with Walk can waltz right into sec

[*]"What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?"
I would like to try a Detective gimmick where I do a sort of PI thing where I take up people's cases and hunt down clues and stuff (Not sure this would count since det isn't quite the same as the rest of security?)

Can't really say anything about this, i barely saw you play security
Would be happy to see you on security team more tho, you just need some time before you go HoS
+1. He's a good officer who knows what he's doing. Communicates well with the team and is overall a friendly guy.
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to lack of community feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days!