Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homely Constructions and Furnishings
Wooden Planks
Currently wooden planks are used to hastily build barricades. Lets gives them a little more functionality. Dont take away the barricade function, but also make it work like metal, in that you when you click it, it opens up an option of what to do with it. List of available options should be:
-->Barricade
-->Wooden table kit
-->Wooden tiles
Applying wooden planks to girders creates a wooden wall, the same sprite that''s used in the sauna. Can be bashed down to reveal the girder beneath.
Applying wooden tiles to plates makes wooden floors, the same sprites that's also used in the sauna (and in the christmassy bar)
Wooden table kit works exactly like a normal table kit but makes wooden tables seen everywhere around the station.
Wooden planks should definetly be bought from QM, stuff like this is exactly what qm needs. Perhaps sugar cane can have an easy mutation to grow bamboo which can also be processed into wooden planks?

Couches
Comfy ass couches/chairs can be made by adding blanket to plain metal chairs. The color of the couch depends on the color of the blanket. Blankets of all different colors should be made in the linen manufacturer. Building a 2x1 couch couldn't be more simpler: Just build two couches beside each other and add more blanket.
Buying fabric is another thing that should be able to be bought from QM

Carpet
Currently chemistry carpet is a bit dated (does it still exist after the chemistry update, I haven't checked it out) using blood and other oddities like some-sort of IKEA shamanism. Instead, change carpet to work exactly like paint in ways, as in it can be bought from QM in assorted carpet mix. Apply to floor to make carpet. Easy, qm makes money for peeps who are looking to make rooms, no weird dated chemistry involved, everybody wins.

Space IKEA
Space IKEA is a QM trader. You can buy various furniture from it. It specializes in freeform furniture, furniture that's coded a little differently from the stuff that seems to glued to the ground. Nothing different bar these can be moved about and wrenched into place. Stuff it sells is random shrubs, televisions, security cameras, swively chairs (in different colors?), table lights (are there any other kind?), toilets and bathtubs, and furniture that you otherwise may not be on the station but seen (and often unappreciated) in z-levels, from what I seen there's ALOT.
I agree with this. More options for construction is always fun, especially for adding wood and carpet construction since you can create a different "feel" to the room. And this should be relatively easy, since most of the code should already be in the game for metal sheets, right?

I'd say yes to buying wood and fabric in the cargo bay, but maybe instead of buying carpeting it would be better to add carpets to the uniform manufacturer. That way you don't clutter up the ordering screen with a bunch of different carpet patterns, or you don't end up having to buy a crate with a bunch of carpet patterns you don't want. Instead you load up 40 or so units of fabric into the manufacturer, and use it to make a roll of carpet that you can use to cover 40 tiles of floor (So you have some to spare).

But make Space IKEA a vending machine instead of a QM trader. As someone who plays QM regularly, I like the balance of the traders as they currently exist, and I'd rather not have the random traders crowded out by adding another common trader. Besides, what would they ask you to sell to them?
I'd love to have wooden signs, too! Paper signs just don't cut it.
Buyable, moveable shrubs? That seems like it could lead to... interesting times.
This must become a thing. It satisfies my inner interior designer. Plus, it would be pretty baggin to get enough wooden planks to give the station some goddamn style and class for once.
Wood can be ordered from QM, but there's something attractive about the idea of an IKEA vending machine. I support all of it.
A doghouse for George should be buildable, perhaps even paintable with the paint dispenser.