Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wedging Doors Open
Sometimes I play critter and it's difficult to keep moving around a department because of the doors closing. I often wedge the doors open with a closed locker and hope someone doesn't move it, but what if we could hold doors open without hacking?

Door Wedging Thoughts

+ Wedge a door open by sticking an object inside the open door

+ Can't be walked through

+ Can be slid under

+ Metal pipes, fire extinguishers, toolboxes, folded chairs, large gas tanks, hats

+ Doors still try to close and will take small damage with each attempt

+ Items will also take damage and have a small chance to turn into scrap

+ Doors spark, crunch, and groan on each failed attempt

+ Easier solution could be the ability to weld doors open

open lockers/corpses block doors and can be walked through, doors can also be locked open with packets. i dont think there would be a huge benefit from all this
Id say make it so if you use a screw driver on an open door it stays open till you use a screw driver on it again.
Simple.
Just open it and pulse/cut the bolts wire.
Closed lockers often get pushed out of the way and an open locker won't stop a door from being manually closed. I've never used a corpse to see if it can manually close so I don't know if it works for that as well. Like the text at the top stated, the idea was to have a very crude way of holding doors open without having insulated gloves, packet knowledge, hacking knowledge, or an unintended interaction to achieve it.

At the bare minimum, welding them to stay open wouldn't exactly be immersion breaking or difficult if wedging them with objects would be a hassle to implement.
What Mouse said but the other way round

IIRC if you hack a door by disabling a power wire (pulse or cut) and open it with a crowbar, it will stay pried open even after 30 seconds when power comes back

Most critters can drag tools with them in a box even if they lack inventory slots. Works for firebots at least
Railings smile