Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Secret Chems... having slight randomness to it?
We all know the secret hint system for secret chemistry is ... basicly useless when you know all the chems.
Infact.. the system was invented so people have to go out and discover things, despite the risks, like true scientists.
But again... once someone knows this.. they can make it every shift safely and do whatever with it.
This is how we get walking talking cats, Walking talking dogs, walking talking birds and more...but in my opinion... this should be changed.

After all secret chem hints are basicly useless to veterans and they can't share their knowledge since of the "secret chem" rule.
But... what if veterans cannot use the same trick everytime to get the secret chem....
WHAT IF... we take ideas from other systems where things change all the time.

Like wiring on the doors or most importantly... THE OTHER SCIENCE DEPARTMENTS.
Art science there are many ways to activate and get effects...
Tele-science needs to be calibrated every time before you can abuse it.
So.. why can't secret chems have randomized numbers of units???

Insted of (Not actual chem):
-10 U of X
-20 u of Y
-10 u of Z
- 30 u of A

Becoming 40 u's of Secret Chem.

It becomes something more like
- 3 - 10 u of X
- 5 - 20 u of Y
- 3 - 10 u of Z
- 15 - 30u of A.

Wich still gives 40 u's of secret Chems.

This is just an idea.. but I think the implementation might break the chemical system....I am not a dev. But the idea will make sure that no secret chem is made within 3 mins, but the scientist has to actually science out the correct amount of units to get the reaction every time. Heck even secret chem hints can now say: "You need between 5-10 units to make this chem" Or maybe one flat out gives you an answer how much you need for that shift.

It just makes chem science more chemical... and now secret chemicals have to be rediscovered everytime.
Does this make sense to some degree?
Note it can also be just 1 chemical component can be randomized in units. Not all of them XD
My biggest beef with the idea is certain ingredients are very time intensive to acquire and to spend all that time and effort to lose yield because of an arbitrary today you need 10 units of uranium not 5 you dingus just feels cheap.
(06-28-2022, 08:01 AM)DioChasek Wrote: My biggest beef with the idea is certain ingredients are very time intensive to acquire and to spend all that time and effort to lose yield because of an arbitrary today you need 10 units of uranium not 5 you dingus just feels cheap.

As I said only certain components would be randomized is an idea. Not something like Uranium....

I just feel like it would be more fun that if you want to go for a secret chem you gotta do some guess work.
I know if certain components touch eachother they cancel out, but I do think adding that lil randomness isn't bad.

Also most mixing you can keep the components apart. As i said this just so that most chem nerds can't just make the perfect secret chem set everytime perfectly.
It's open for debate wich and what is okay and what's not.

But remember it also feels cheap learning secret chems in general then fucking it up since: "oops you got the wrong chemical, start over you dingus"

But.. as I said.. maybe "certain" chemicals can be kept out, since I knew certain secret chems are needed to make others.
But the conern is still there
doubt this would add any meaningful complexity to making secret chems in general, rather it's just another layer of frustration if you already know the recipes and a potential false negative if you don't know them and you're trying to find them
(06-28-2022, 12:34 PM)Waffleloffle Wrote: doubt this would add any meaningful complexity to making secret chems in general, rather it's just another layer of frustration if you already know the recipes and a potential false negative if you don't know them and you're trying to find them

Mayhapse a "reaction" system then where it shows you are doing it right but the units need to be perfected..

Eh anyway it was just an idea to give secret chems some more meaning again then veterans pushing out secret chems all the time but newbies struggling to grips.
Was just a shower thought.. but I guess it's not perfect in the slightest and now the idea is getting too complex to implement.

You can still comment away but overall I think we know enough in general that this was a weak idea.