Miniscule Danee - HoS Application
Usual character name: Miniscule Danee
BYOND username: Bomb_Sirens
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Cannibalism Connoisseur ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽ (great start amirite)
Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play: Heisenbee

Reason for application: As a player I always try to fill where people are needed in the crew. I find that HoS and NTSO are understandably vacant positions. I have alot of experience in command, but not as much in security which I think could end up in a rather funny HoS likely being at times as clumsy as security assistants on their first day. (might just be the pug genes though, I wanna also represent the pug society in HoS). However, in my time in command I have grown a great understanding of department coordination. HoS isn't just a powerful crew asset due to funi mic gun but also serves as a secure communications pylon between Heads reporting suspicious activity and Security, something I think is currently really undervalued and an important secure way of communication. I strongly believe that my experience intercommunicating between other departments as a representing head is an invaluable asset to a security team, even if said asset slides on space lube to the other side of the map. I also am learning development on the git repo and I think experience here could help me get the full SS13 crew experience catalogued for reference.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
As a 'filler' player I typically only late join security, and frequently as a assistant even though I'm comfortable as a officer. I find that in my assistant gameplay I try to do the needed role of processing and relaying reports which is rather rare to what can seem as times like other assistants simply asking for a promotion once they arrive in the sec wing, while there are also mostly unique parts to assistant which officers doesn't usually don't touch, they do completely overlap, its just I find that assistant imo has a unique and undervalued feel, almost like a secretary. My security rounds I find are rather cautious on arrests, and making sure that innocents don't get caught up in the crossfire of security's consistent persecution. I find that playing 'calm cop' is needed to stop 'shitsecurity' start flaming over the radio like popcorn reaching bursting temperature when other officers need to put a forceful chase into an antag with collateral damage. Everyone needs to assist security with reports, and security from my experience, is best played trying to return the favor. My officer gameplay is usually reconnaissance and communication related, trying to weed out false information to reveal the true evil buds. I find that a lenient officer is the best officer, space racism is NOT allowed on goonstation and that implies to changelings too. At least until they start spitting acid at the bartender and sprouting faces out of their shoulder. Executions and permabrigging are not enjoyable and I try to avoid them as much as possible. I do try to lead by example with my processing methods and a calm and collected sieve to the crimers affecting the station. I find that in my experience a reserved officer is better than a robust officer spacing antags left and right, if your going to be like that at least toy with your prey!
Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    Communicate. Tell people everything and collate information, an arrest should have evidence or experience behind it and the whole department needs to work together on making sure they get the right guy. (I need to work on figuring out if I'm arresting a shambler or not, we all make mistakes).
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    I find that my best moments with sec are usually on the receiving end of the baton. As an stealth antag I usually stay away from sec but a spy round where me and the security in the wing had a chat about the round so far and shared a little information (I supplied someone with a clown car so I told them the source) and its just that friendly experience that even though I was a threat I was still treated like a crewman, not metagamed on.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
    As a person literally working on a proof of concept for sec additions I think that assistants need a relabelling, there's alot of stigma like with staffies or the gimmick department staffies to go to HoP and request a promotion ASAP to give value to the crew while what is currently a security assistant should have that stigma dispelled, naming it Security Secretary or somthing which really doesn't give 'assistant stigma' and moving secass to a gimmick department role could help the 'sec'retarys feel already integrated into the department as opposed to outliers lurking around the wing. 
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    Decisiveness, while leniency is always needed especially early game where these scenarios are most common. Antags are alot harder to contain with a weaker intel network so arrests do sometimes need to be a little gun ho in order to at least identify the threat of the shift.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
    A day putting peeps in cuffsRadio's blaring antag warningsA battle with this flock is quite toughHowever, its time for its parents to begin mourning
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
    Participating as a detective in a princess outfit in the security maid cafe was fun, but having the brig become a colosseum for freedom could be fun, if people are still reasonably processed and not held up of course. I would like to see a criminal zoo using the brigs as well, and having the chute open being an 'escape' and panic instead on recapturing the 'exhibit'.
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):

No bans, two warnings;
One in my 5th round as cap when I gave the AI free will with override as a non-antag (thought it would make the AI happy)
One for beating a blob (unsuccessfully) as a soulsteel grille
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to lack of community feedback. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days!