Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Pod weapons should require energy like the smaller guns
Like the title says, pod weapons should require energy like guns that recharges over time. This would make pod fighting more tactical and incentivize getting better engines other than to use more powerful weapons and to go faster. Would also help blob players trying to deal with pods just sitting in one spot and shooting a bunch. Recharge rate would be dependent on the weapon and on the engine.
yes i always find dumb when people spams mk2 lasers on escape with pods and in general, i really think this would be a good change for the pod combat system
I'd be for this idea. Makes sense aswell for better engines to act as better batteries.
Alas pods are kinda cruddy

weapons do have an energy system of sorts, in that the engine can only provide so much power for all the shit you've got on. Unfortunately a lot of pods stems from the bad old days when things had way too little feedback so that isn't clear.

You can just up the power requirements for some of the weapons so the pods at least needs a stronger engine.
(06-24-2022, 01:10 AM)BatElite Wrote: Alas pods are kinda cruddy

weapons do have an energy system of sorts, in that the engine can only provide so much power for all the shit you've got on. Unfortunately a lot of pods stems from the bad old days when things had way too little feedback so that isn't clear.

You can just up the power requirements for some of the weapons so the pods at least needs a stronger engine.

Essentially this also explains Science wise why they don't need to recharge, the engine is constantly recharging them.
That said.. maybe pods need fueling and using your guns drains it faster.
It would be cool if "subs/pods" have fuel or an energy source that needs recharging.
if your power ever drops to 0, your pod has no systems and is dead in the water like having no engine!

Thus excessive fire might result into you being stranded.
(06-24-2022, 01:10 AM)BatElite Wrote: Alas pods are kinda cruddy

My idea is more like you have an energy reserve for the weapon and firing it drains it. Fire it too much and you have to wait for your reserves to recharge fully.
yea. dunno how this would affect pod v drone combat *coughbilldroneattackroundscough*, but I'm kind of bored of people going and buying the mk2 or assault array and then making their whole antag round the last 10 minutes when they decide to finally interact with the station by blowing holes in escape
Increase cost on the mk2 or the assault ray?
(06-24-2022, 08:15 PM)DioChasek Wrote: Increase cost on the mk2 or the assault ray?

Won't change dicky for those who want to do it.
There are many ways to get alot of credits if you know how.
(06-25-2022, 03:42 AM)Kotlol Wrote:
(06-24-2022, 08:15 PM)DioChasek Wrote: Increase cost on the mk2 or the assault ray?

Won't change dicky for those who want to do it.
There are many ways to get alot of credits if you know how.

While true it will cut down on the more easily discouraged ay least.
I think basic phasers are fine ? They are kinda needed if you want to explore the debris or the trench. I'm not sure how problematic stronger weapons are since I have very little experience on main.