Osmosis Jones/Osmosis Bones Mentor Application
Usual character name: Osmosis Jones, Osmosis Bones

BYOND username: ImJustAStrangeMan

Discord username (if you are on our discord): ImJustAStrangeMan#8701

Recommended by (if applicable):

Goon servers you play: Goon 1 and the occasional goon 3/4

Reason for application + game experience (300-word minimum):

Reason for application: Throughout my time playing Goonstation I have noticed that one of the best futures of this community is the mentor system. From learning the basics of the game to understanding more complex and specific concepts, mentors have always been there to help guide myself and others. It’s because of the impact they have made on the rest of the community and myself that I choose to apply.

I have enjoyed helping those I see around the station that are new to the game/server/department and thinks that by being a mentor I can help more people! I am by no means knowledgeable on everything, and I still find myself learning new things about this game every day. I hope that by being a mentor I can not only help others but learn something new as well!

My experience:

Medical:

The Medical department may be one of my favorites as I really enjoy helping the crew. I have a pretty vast understanding of medical chems and advanced techniques. I often enjoy running MD, so I am used to teaching things like surgery and feel this could be a strength for me. I also would say I have a pretty good understanding of genetics and robotics as I have played them a fair bit.

Cyborgs/AI:

I used to play AI very often and I still play borg quite a bit so I feel very comfortable in my understanding of these jobs. I feel confident that I can explain the different tools and applications of these tools to new players.

Security:

This department is probably where I have the most knowledge, whether it's technical or more cultural. I feel I have a very deep understanding of the tools that officers have access to, and I know I can teach it to others. During my time as an officer and now as a hos I have had plenty of opportunities to teach new officers and security assistants. This was one of my biggest inspirations to apply for mentor.

Engi:

I have very good knowledge in mech and QM, while I have a great understanding of mining. Mining is another one of my favorites and I feel my knowledge of both basic and advanced techniques can be helpful to players.

Sci:

I have a good understanding of some departments like art sci and chem, so I feel I can also be helpful in this area.

Civ:
When it comes to civilian jobs I have a great understanding of Janitor and Chef. While I am good with botany the other two are my best areas.

Command:
I have actively played all but the CE so I feel I can give new players a good explanation of their questions related to these jobs. COmmand jobs can be stressful, and I feel I can give relevant and clear instructions to help players new to this role.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None

P.S. If you have any feedback, please let me know!

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and have a good one!  a fancy greater domestic space-bee
i think osmosis is a good lad and he has proven to be helpful to those that needed help, i see him responsible enough to be a mentor and help players in need
+1 VERY experienced player and very sharing of their knowledge.

Give the bone the mentor throne
+1. They know the game really well, and they're friendly and helpful to other players. They've also helped me out a lot with learning how to be a better security officer.
They are very helpful and friendly, and don't mind helping to teach new players. +1.
surpised you didnt set me as a recommendation
commendable although you should work on attitude a little bit
+1
Bone man who was old grey and monkey.

Now bones he really has devolved. But in all seriousness Yes THOUGH Malds and salts nothing beyond that no toxicity that's left at the door but we all do that so when angy soooooooo

B o n e s +1
+1 Havent seen them do anything that wouldnt fit a mentor. Pretty cool lad.
ive seen osmosis demonstrate the technical know-how i would expect a mentor to possess and is overall pleasant to play with
+1 good HoS, good friend, and active on the community all the time helpin out others
+1 Osmosis has been around for a while, can definitely help out with any questions players may have
Good Hos, Have seen them be like all jobs. which is more than i can say for other HOS's. not dissing other Hos's obviously, do what you enjoy! but yeah Great guy. lets me MOOOO in Security as Cowptain. overall a Fun guy to play with and has taught me a thing or 2 about game mechanics I didnt know existed. Have had good experience with them.

+1
+1 Hes a pretty knowledgable person in the game and knows his ins and out of the station, Just keep a friendly attitude and be a good face and image for the community and inspiring fun times
neutral; and while I know you're knowledgable about the game mechanics, you've been abrasive OOC before. I dont think that precludes you from consideration for mentorship but I expect that to be shed if you do get whitelisted
+1 Genuinely a nice person to see around the station. No clue if it was the same guy or someone with the same name, but they helped me learn my first job via bartender.