Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sec Officer & Sec Ass buddy program
from what i've gleaned about sec assistants they're mostly people new to security and the idea is that they learn and observe how to become more robust/better at being security from shadowing a sec officer/hos/etc. i

so to better facilitate this i came up with the idea of a buddy program after i did a round a little while ago where i had my very own sec assistant sidekick. however when the round started going to hell we got separated and lost track of each other before reuniting on the shuttle. i was more or less thinking of it as either like:

1) a PDA program that would allow a sec assistant to link up with a sec officer.

2)maybe an implant that works in such a way that you implant yourself and then implant a willing sec assistant

3) tap badges against eachother like the wonder twins

by "linking up" i was thinking of a few things such as:

a) changing the color on radios slightly so the sec ass and officer who are linked up can more easily keep track of eachother

b) adding a hud icon for sec assistants and officers to recognize their respective buddy at a glance
This kind of program can help not only to security but all departments and It can make teaching easier. Losing tracks of workmate cause waste of time. Yes please.
Yes this is a great feature for everyone!
I have always believed that sec offs work better with a partner. (see: Starbells). Usually there wasn't enough on to pair up and still be able to cover enough ground, so I think partnering up officers and assistants is a good compromise and teaching opportunity. 

-however- 

this really should be something HOS makes an effort to happen, rather than just wordlessly striding off to validhunt.
just set the secasses to arrest, you’ll get a nice stream of alerts from beepsky and pals telling you where they are
(06-22-2022, 07:38 AM)MetricDuck Wrote: just set the secasses to arrest, you’ll get a nice stream of alerts from beepsky and pals telling you where they are

You are amazing! XD