Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
[RULE CHANGE] Make overrides and precedence no longer apply to AI laws.
From the looks of it, i feel what is currently tried is to establish a law framework above the laws itself, which exists outside of the laws. And i don't think this is a good idea, simply because the AI players has two sets of laws to follow: one which takes time to get used to because it adds additional clauses to the other ruleset, and another one that gets complicated as people pile laws on top of it. I don't think it makes it easier on the AI, i think it makes it harder in most cases except when we got spaghetti laws with multiple overwrites.

(07-18-2022, 02:26 PM)Decarcassor Wrote: The point is to prevent lazy "do what I want and ignore everything else" kind of laws and piles of laws with multiple confusingĀ overrides.

I don't think the first case needs fixing at all. If a traitor manages to get to the AI, i don't think we need to pile a rule minigame on top to make them get what they want. If they want to quickly dispatch a certain person of power (captain, HOS) or simply drive the station into chaos for a bigger plan, the rule change should be quick and simple. And this is what the current system provides. And, most importantly, it is simple for the AI thenselves.

The whole discussion feels like it wants to implement a more complex and for all participants more work intensive system because it catches the corner cases the old system is struggling with.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RULE CHANGE] Make overrides and precedence no longer apply to AI laws. - by Lord_earthfire - 07-18-2022, 09:51 PM