Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
[RULE CHANGE] Make overrides and precedence no longer apply to AI laws.
silicons dont get exempted from speech laws but you're allowed to ahelp them and the general culture people have towards it is that most people dont care if you dont follow it.

the 30 seconds of busywork bat pointed out, plus just the busywork potential in having to slide modules around in general and the essentialization of removing law 1 is kind of my problem with this.

ais are going to be very hard to rogue. ais are going to be very hard to fix. the game moves too fast for a 20 minute gear-up, hack, turret process or whatever.

fixing is my bigger concern, but for roguing too:
the manudrive is in the CE locker which requires head access; device analyzer in mech lab
barrier is in sec lockers
killswitch requires a head id

so in these scenarios (and I've already run into them without this implemented and done some evil things in order to help fix laws like break a sec locker for a barrier) if you are committed to fixing the AI but not a head, you have to do some crime beyond the door hacking and b&e into the upload. I dont see this as a feature. I see it as inherently confusing during a crisis

But if we were to cut out those scenarios where any staffie could help and assume fixing the AI in a crime-free nature aside from door hacking: then with the pathways available to unrogue (relink, killswitch, or law fix), relinking requires the manudrive. Which requires heads of staff. Killswitch requires a command-level ID. Which requires heads of staff. Barrier blocking or an egun to take out a turret so you can sit in upload for a minute and shuffle law boards around takes a head of staff for the gun or sec for the barriers.
limiting the override and precedence limits the usefulness of the freeform, which limits the ability of other players to participate in interacting with the ai, either to rogue or unrogue or upload a birthday law. a rogue AI can have open season on anyone, but not anyone can have open season on a rogue AI. I dont think that's particularly interesting or good.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RULE CHANGE] Make overrides and precedence no longer apply to AI laws. - by nefarious6th - 06-19-2022, 06:32 PM