Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Silica Gel
Idea:
Silica Gel Desiccant packets are in a state of limbo. One of the notes that can spawn in trinket (spacebux/trait) lunchboxes says it’s silica gel, but isn’t actually silica gel.

The solution? Make silica.

Silica
SiO2 | Silicon Dioxide
One part Silicon, two parts Oxygen. 
On INGEST, causes TOXin damage and purges water from bloodstream each lifeloop. On the RP servers, drains the hydration meter quicker. On TOUCH, cleans any paint your character may have on them, whether from paint launchers or turmeric powder, as well as clearing any blood on your clothes.

Desiccant Packet.
“DO NOT EAT” Okay, sure, narc.
Mix 1 part Silica and 1 part Paper in a beaker. This spawns a Desiccant Packet on the ground, which is a Tiny item.

Can sometimes spawn in trinket lunchboxes.
When dropping this on a chem pool, it will soak up up to 20u of the chem before becoming inert. At this point, you throw it in the trash and get another.

Eating this makes you INGEST 10u Silica and whatever other chems were soaked up.

Eating it in front of Beepsky will cause you to be set to arrest. Eating it in front of Hooty McJudgement owl will cause it to scowl at you and set you to arrest.
I like the idea that this could act as a sponge and medium for ingesting chems, like a pill/sponge hybrid. Though I am not sure about the practicality of it.

The tox damage is rather unnecessary, though I understand why you suggested it, it would just be another meh poison.

The paint removal is interesting, but showers also remove paint.

The beepsky part is no.

I rate this a solid maybe
Okay, maybe no setting to arrest then.
How about instead of causing TOX, it removes a bit of your blood each cycle.
if you eat it, your thirst meter should plummet
you could probably just make silica spawn a resprited sponge when it splashes on the floor, like cheese/chocolate
Silicon dioxide is already in the game as a chem, incidentally.  It doesn't do anything but it's there.
[Image: nVP0wmT.png]
(07-20-2022, 05:12 AM)Roninnozlo Wrote: Okay, maybe no setting to arrest then.
How about instead of causing TOX, it removes a bit of your blood each cycle.

That sounds cool, it has possibilities to work with other chems so that would be neat