Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cloning Accident Trait
Cloning Accident (-2)
Cloning is like making pie in an easy bake oven and sometimes you come out a little gooey. You are a clone with a reduction to max health and a chance to explode into gibs, cloning juice, and organs upon dying.
Combine this with Puritan, and we have a hard mode space man.
(06-18-2022, 11:47 AM)Kamikaze Mongoose Wrote: Cloning Accident (-2)
Cloning is like making pie in an easy bake oven and sometimes you come out a little gooey. You are a clone with a reduction to max health and a chance to explode into gibs, cloning juice, and organs upon dying.

While funny, lore wise the crew ain;t suppose to know they are cloned.

I would change this into either a "Cryogenetic Mistake"
Since it has been proven each shift you come out of cryo-statis and if you join late you either come out of the cryo tank or arrivals.
So you could go with: "When journeying to your destination, the cryo-pod was defected and your gooey like a soft ice cream."

Or you can also go with "Teleport incident" or "Hyperspace Mishap"
Where the teleport made you gooey to here (as we know teleporting can have all kinds of random effects)
Or your ship went through hyperspace and you didn't wear your seatbelt... thus turning you gooey and explodey. (again escape shuttle does this and you get launched if you dont buckle up)
Seems a bit harsh to me personally, allot of negative traits have some way to somewhat circumvent them.
Blindness gets VISORS.
Deafness gets Auditory headset

considering Puri, another Trait that can potentially gib you. Puri at least has ''some'' play around it to make sure you don't always end up as a screaming meat slurry on the ground (before potentially exploding) be it SR or Monkey cloning. Not to mention you already ''come out a bit gooey'' with Puri if you end up getting cloned and saved, which can itsself be resolved by Cryo tubes.

so for me this seems a bit too harsh especially for something that can gib a person and makes gibbing potentially easier with the reduction in health.
(06-20-2022, 08:33 PM)Oremir Wrote: Seems a bit harsh to me personally, allot of negative traits have some way to somewhat circumvent them.
Blindness gets VISORS.
Deafness gets Auditory headset

considering Puri, another Trait that can potentially gib you. Puri at least has ''some'' play around it to make sure you don't always end up as a screaming meat slurry on the ground (before potentially exploding) be it SR or Monkey cloning. Not to mention you already ''come out a bit gooey'' with Puri if you end up getting cloned and saved, which can itsself be resolved by Cryo tubes.

so for me this seems a bit too harsh especially for something that can gib a person and makes gibbing potentially easier with the reduction in health.

Blindness, nearsightness and deafness might have ways to circumvent them...
BUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTT.....

They are handicaps since Blindness means you can't use special eyewear that streamlines your job like Med-docs, Sec-huds and the like.
Auditory headset disallows radio chatter to be heard or use the right headset of your proffesion to hear everything.

The idea is that you might explode into gibs but it's RARE.