Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What would be some good ways to modify energy guns?
I am currently working on some weapon customization and for kinetic guns its fairly straight forward but I cant think of anything good or fun for the energy guns.
So far I got a transformer that increases the projectile speed and a capacitor that increases the max battery capacity.
lenses for changing the stun/burn ratio?
I want to turn energy guns into a melta gun
Colored gem lenses change the lasers color, better wiring for enhanced energy efficiency (like electrum wires), the ability to put the clowns pda cartridge into the gun so that it honks every time its shot. And obviously the wolf one from QM to make it howl, AWOOOOOOOOO.
Dirty mod: Lower base damage but cause rad poisoning.
Heat mod: Reduce base damage but set target on fire.
so far some great ideas and although I love the idea of a dirty and heat mod imagining sec to run around with irradiating weapons where a stray shot would cause a lot of damage to nearby people especially considering the divide with NT being stun related and while the syndicate uses kinetic weapons to actually kill. Adding this as a traitor item could be fun something like TRAITOR WEAPON MOD KIT 4TC, would need to think about which job gets it then as it could effectively replace items like the rad crossbow.

The idea of making the stuns stronger already crossed my mind but balancing that would be hard as stunning someone with just one hit would make it nearly impossible for any antag to do anything Ill consider minor buffs but it will be questionable if it would be worth adding it if the maximum increase is miniscule.
Could take similar steps as with the Captains gun i suppose: lenses, small coil, heck you might even give the large coil an actuall use. Maybe different coils for different firing modes, i dunno i'm throwing stuff at the wall.