Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two suggestions on cyborg construction
Hello,

I've noticed two minor issues that in my opinion could be improved:

1) Once a player assumes control of a cyborg, the game should display the current laws automatically. This may reduce the number of "check your laws, we are so rogue" situations. I haven't had the opportunity to be a Syndieborg in awhile, but if there isn't a big red text message already, ending up in a hacked suit could also be less confusing that way.

2) Brains of job-banned people should be rejected/fried/otherwise disposed of and not cause the suit to outright self-destruct, so the time and resources invested in said suit don't go to waste. As far as I'm aware, the roboticist has no way of knowing that the donor in question isn't eligible...it's punishing the wrong guy, really.

Kind Regards
Convair880 Wrote:1) Once a player assumes control of a cyborg, the game should display the current laws automatically. This may reduce the number of "check your laws, we are so rogue" situations. I haven't had the opportunity to be a Syndieborg in awhile, but if there isn't a big red text message already, ending up in a hacked suit could also be less confusing that way.
You know, I was just about to suggest this.

Supporting this.
Maybe a law HUD icon. Over by the (mostly) useless O2 and temp warnings. It shows three blue balls for default laws, some sort of yellow exclamation point for altered laws, and if you are emagged it shows a blown out sparking screen.
Actually, that's a really good idea. You would instantly know when the laws changed, without a distracting popup. Just have it display a number of small objects, balls or arrows or whatever, to show how many laws you have. Three means you're running standard, more than three means Fun, 0 means you've been emagged.
Good luck finding anyone that's willing to touch the HUD code, though.
A third suggestion for cyborgs, or rather, robotics in general, is togreatly lower the ammout of flashes that the crates spawn with, as almost every round I roll robotist, I have people breaking down my walls just to steal a few, and as far as I can tell, flashes only exist in there for tratior robotists to stun and remove the brains of their targets, because flashes arnt even used in robot construction any more as far as I know.
People will still clamber to break into robotics if they want flashes, since the manufacturers can make them.

The trick is, you can take the flashes out, and use them to stun the people breaking in. Then saw off a leg and kick them out, as a warning to the others.
Wouldn't you get banned for force de-legging a person?

On Topic: Both of these suggestions are really good. Especially the second one.
epicdwarf Wrote:Wouldn't you get banned for force de-legging a person?
get 15 medibots, de-limb someone and replace with shitty light cyborg limbs. or, do what a sensible person would do and steal their cash and Id, then kick them out the door.
Hello this is like 4 months after the fact but just so you know, I am ON THIS and have added it to my to-do. (the two suggestions in the OP)