CalliopeSoups - Mentor App (Re-written)
Usual character name: Caroline Soups, Grup Guppy, Subject Saphira, Fiddles With Notes, s0upDOS, Breach Response Unit v1, Wicker the Clown
BYOND username: CalliopeSoups
Discord username: CalliopeSoups#8989
Recommended by: Too nervous to ask for these, would rather get anybody's opinion.
Goon servers you play: RP 3 and 4 exclusively (for now)

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): I joined in Feburary this year, which makes me pretty new compared to a lot of people. I learned of it from Charborg and Nurse videos. A friend had played before, so I tried and fell in love with it. At the time I was seriously ill, so the game came at a perfect time. It did and still does push me through a bad time, both because of how unique and immersive it is and the friendly community.

It's been four months now´and I'm hooked. I started with easy jobs like janitor or chef, and shied away from having antags turned on. It was daunting at first, and the social anxiety aspect kept me locked to spectating for a while. I started taking screenshots a ton while learning from watching other people. I got back in and learned AI (which is my favourite job apart from secoff), genetics, robotics, doctoring and science (apart from telesci and plasma). I got pretty active, even if I haven't done something before I probably know where to start. Security was daunting, but after a few shifts I started grasping it pretty quick. Now it's one of my favourites. I know some mechcomp, and I've managed to learn packets as well. Antags are next with my recent arcfiend shift.

I want to be a mentor because the community of the game is important to me and I think I have the activity and attitude to help out, so being able to teach and keep people playing would be very rewarding. I'm learning to sprite and code to contribute. I'm very active in EU timezones and often at night too, given my disability. I've already started teaching people, in-game I've taught four new scientists artsci and I help out whenever I see someone struggling.

Previous bans: None.

Forgot another one of my regular characters, Becky MacVeigh.
my +1 stands; you learn fast and pass what you learn to others even faster. You're one of the most relaxed and positive people I've seen regardless of the role you're in. I've seen you teach as grup in science and Caroline in sec.

Also your characters have good hair, that must be worth something.
+1, I've seen them as Caroline in Sec and they've generally been very knowledgeable and pleasant person; give them the purple mouse so I can fry them they can assist new players.

P.S. Their hair is always awesome
Caroline is a well fit to be a mentor, i've seen them teach to new players in almost every department, so +1
Soups is a really friendly and nice person in character and ooc. They are also very active on the discord and is very inclusive (I love their post-round screenshots...). I know they'll be a great fit as a mentor +1
Not much to say that the other comments havent already touched on. Fantastic attitude, great with teaching and including people. Very active on the discord often giving help and answering questions too.
I think they'd be a great fit +1
After review of community feedback and internal deliberation, we have accepted your application to become a mentor. Congrats! Please familiarize yourself with our Mentor Guidelines and reach out anytime if you have any concerns or questions.