Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CLOSED PR] Nukies now come with flyzapper implants, flyzapper implants no longer ...
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

About the PR
This pr gives nukies flyzapper implants. This pr also changes flyzapper behavior, anyone with the mind of a nuclear operative or a gunbot will not be directly zapped, they will get minor disorient due to the larger elecflash.

Why's this needed?
Micros damage other nukies, which means the death of an operative further helps cascade the death of other operatives. Microbombs also contribute to depressurization, which hurt for the gamemode. Flyzappers also immediately destroy gear upon death through elec gib, unlike the prolonged destruction currently. This overall should both buff nukies and be better for the round.
Current flyzapper damage values (note the absence of people in a 3x3 area due to gibbing) (This does not include zapping from any machinery which also contribute to damage):
[Image: 173707631-42c65772-858b-461c-a686-853c12e59d8d.png]

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)Ikea
(*)Nuclear Operatives now come with flyzapper implants, flyzapper implants have also been reprogrammed to not directly zap nuclear operatives.

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
Its important to note currently if youre adjacent to a person (assuming youre not a nukie with these changes of course) with a flyzapper implant, you gib. This behavior may need to be toned down for the nuclear operative version.

Updated with picture of current damage values, notice the lack of people in a 3x3 area due to gibbing. This does not include zapping from machinery which also contributes to damage.
Wait a single flyzapper gibs adjacent mobs?  That sounds like a problem in general.
Not really. Two micros gib people in a 3x3 radius around you iirc and flyzappers trade depressurization and room destruction for more damage.

I do think that this nukie variant could get a retexture or anything really to make it more thematic. Microbombs are supposed to get rid of nukie gear but they don't do a very good job at that from my experience, you almost always leave a weapon, your noslips or your armor. Micros tend to be bad for nukies too, the explosion is often detrimental as it can destroy defenses the nukies have set up or heavily fuck over other ops with the stamina loss and damage.
Do two micros gib?  I've seen adjacent people survive five.
(06-15-2022, 06:28 AM)Mouse Wrote: Do two micros gib?  I've seen adjacent people survive five.

2-3 gib same tile, 6 gib adjacent tiles (cardinals only) and 8 gib adjacent tiles (3x3)

fly zapper strong, su su to victory
can't 1 gib on the same tile?
don't think one can on its own but I wouldn't be shocked if there's some interaction that occasionally makes it so

the dead always gib tho
I dont think microbombs are designed to delete gear and someone dying and a crew member gets lucky to grab their weapon that exploded off them is just part of the game. Microbombs in syndies are fun and have been fine since syndies were added. Don't think we need to change that. Maybe give syndies an option of using whatever this flyzapper thing is like have some replacement implants on the syndie ship?
no to deleting gear, i want them to be able to get loot from the kills
No, this is wrong for Nuke Ops. I can see it as having some of these implants on the battlecruiser for players to swap out like Kiki suggested, but making this the default would be missing the point for why Nuke Ops have microbombs to begin with as other people pointed out.

If the issue this aims to address is the issue of microbombs accidentally harming fellow Nuke Ops, then I think that would be better addressed by other means.
Ok but what if we introduced Zap Ops as an admin triggered variation?
could do with just increasing nukie blast resist on their suits by 10 percent or something