Complaint Perhaps less hostility?
Admins:  Sord and Virvatuli

Server: Goon 1 Hesinbee
Date: 6/13/2022
Time: 11:00 AM MST to 11:22 AM MST

I'd like to say I only wished to know why exactly it was a problem, I do not see a problem with it so I just wanted to know why exactly it is a problem, I was PMed about saying the word "Cunt", a common word. I asked the admins in PM chat if I could contact them on discord to make it easier, and they said no, I saw something in the rules I didn't understand and I asked, "Why is "Dicks" not gendered but "Pussy" is", I thought it was kind of bigoted and voiced it, they told me to look it up, I did, in no way did I see a problem with it, they say they're not going to spend any more time on it. They say to find an insult that doesn't make fun of someone's identity, this was Sord, I did not have an issue with them, I think Sord did a fine job due to the fact they didn't want to explain it, they could have said something about finding where exactly I'm suppose to figure out why exactly its a problem, but not expecting to much, my problem comes with Virva, They said that if I don't like them, follow or go, I was following them, just asking a question on why exactly it's like that, I simply wanted to know the reasoning, I was offended by this, I said I don't understand why they can't take criticism, they banned me for this, a 6-hour ban, I broke 1 rule that I wanted to know more about and got banned for it. It was an extremely hostile reaction and I don't understand why it happened, I was following the rules, I was TOLD to use the PM place to say something, I wasn't told that I would be banned for asking this. It could have ended by saying where to voice my concerns, where to find out more on why the rule exists or ACTUALLY saying "I don't care about your opinion on the rules" instead of banning me and saying it. This entire situation could have been avoided if there was, I dunno, less bigotry about people like me?

I'd like to say, in NO way am I trying to get the rules changed, in NO way am I trying to start anything, I just want explanations. this situation was taken out of hand by Vira. Probably a cry to people who just don't care tbh, what usually happens with online admins.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You are correct, I do not care about people who go out of their way to argue about why you aren't allowed to say something that is explicitly listed in the rules, the exact word. You were given reasons why you are not allowed to use slurs. You did not accept the reasons, and when told to stop arguing the point (my exact words were "these are the rules and you abide by them if you want to be here. We don't care whether you don't like them, follow them or go"), you responded with this:

[Image: 1.png]

You are concern trolling. You were given a time out for doing so. If you are incapable of understanding why this is, that is not my problem and there are plenty of other servers out there where you can throw slurs around to your heart's content. Not here.
(06-13-2022, 11:13 AM)virvatuli Wrote: You are correct, I do not care about people who go out of their way to argue about why you aren't allowed to say something that is explicitly listed in the rules, the exact word. You were given reasons why you are not allowed to use slurs. You did not accept the reasons, and when told to stop arguing the point (my exact words were "these are the rules and you abide by them if you want to be here. We don't care whether you don't like them, follow them or go"), you responded with this:

[Image: 1.png]

You are concern trolling. You were given a time out for doing so. If you are incapable of understanding why this is, that is not my problem and there are plenty of other servers out there where you can throw slurs around to your heart's content. Not here.

I am aware of what I said, what I said was because I was offended by the hostility, I also searched up "Concerned trolling" and I'm very confused on how that's considered concerned trolling, I asked a genuine question, I am genuine in wondering why this is apparently a slur, I've never EVER heard anyone get offended by it until this day. To respond to "You were given reasons", I was given 2, that 1 Sord told me, I don't understand either, apparently its an identity or something? The rules reason also doesn't make sense, how do you define bigoted language when its not bigoted in anyway? The definition of "Cunt" is a female body part, how is that making fun of someone's identity, I don't know, I want to figure it out. It's a term of endearment in Scotland, its a term used commonly in Australia. All I know is that I cannot speak of it without being banned apparently, I would have LOVED somewhere else to speak about it to avoid said banned but was denied. You may have gotten "Concerned trollers" in the past, I get why you'd be suspicious or whatever, but I don't troll, I don't enjoy it, I just play games casually, but having weird rules that I've never seen before peaked my interest. I don't see what I'd gain by "Concern trolling".
Our rules explicitly state that you cannot say the word "cunt", simply don't say it. When people break this rule for the first time like you did, usually their response will be something like "my bad, won't happen again" and that's the end of it.

You turned that simple interaction into a ban because you couldn't accept that it was a valid reason for a ban and wanted to argue it. Maybe it doesn't seem like this from the player side, but telling off people for breaking rules can be an extremely mundane job at times and we frequently have to deal with people lying and trolling or trying to weasle out of a ban. Requiring admins to fundamentally explain a rule you broke because you just don't get it is too much to ask of people voluntarily handling ahelps.

An admin telling you that you clearly broke a rule is not an invitation to demand an explanation for why the rule exists or hold them in conversation until you "understand". If you want to understand you can look at the rules, or look at the forum posts about language rules, or in this case just search on the internet for why that word is offensive to some people.
locking this because we don't need to waste any more of our time replying to an obvious troll