Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remove egun from HoS locker, have HoS spawn with it
(Honestly I'd rather the lawbringer reward be removed as well and have the HoS spawn with the lawbringer but I figure this would be a good compromise.) 

There have been a number of times when I've latejoined as HoS into an absolute clusterfuck where the locker is either inaccessible or has already been looted, and depending on what map it is and what antags there are I may not even be able to make it to a place to redeem the token before getting mobbed.

It's kind of a bummer when merely by joining you've fucked over a crew that's already in bad shape.
replace that shitty flash with the egun
not really necessary imo. they spawn with a token, and a secbooth is nearly always a 10 second walk from arrivals. if station is that fucked, they should just call shuttle
Meanwhile NTSO... *Cocks gun* I am in.
i think it spawns in there specifically to make it possible to steal. i don't have strong feelings whether or not that still suits the current state of the game
it's definitely for stealing potential; I also dont have enough read of the server atmos to know whether we want to move away from that or not, I just came here to say if moving to hos inventory is on the table please just make it the egun and not that cursed evil speaking gun; all three of us egun hoses would be grateful for consideration ty
I still dont see why there shouldnt be a lawbringer initially and have the egun be the reward, egun hosii have had this qol for too long!!!
I believe no one should spawn with guns. They should always be on station for stealing purposes.
(06-13-2022, 12:19 PM)Retrino Wrote: not really necessary imo. they spawn with a token, and a secbooth is nearly always a 10 second walk from arrivals. if station is that fucked, they should just call shuttle

If you're not able to get to a secbooth without getting mobbed you sure as hell aren't getting to the comms console.
Wihle it does sadly happen, just a reminder to please ahelp people who rush to kill sec immediately after they leave from arrivals.
Honestly this would be a great QoL change and keeping it in there just for someone to have the small chance to steal it is bad
An HoS has many other weapons at their disposal if the Egun is stolen. Theres always going to be something in the armory left or even going to QM to get some weapon crates. The Egun isnt so important that its NEEDED to spawn in with and I believe the same for the NTSO gun or detectives gun or captains gun. They should all be in a locker and not spawned in with them.
(06-13-2022, 09:36 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: An HoS has many other weapons at their disposal if the Egun is stolen. Theres always going to be something in the armory left or even going to QM to get some weapon crates. The Egun isnt so important that its NEEDED to spawn in with and I believe the same for the NTSO gun or detectives gun or captains gun. They should all be in a locker and not spawned in with them.

Captains gun is in HIS locker not in their hands at spawn.

NTSO and Det guns are on them from the start.

Det in this case has most their tools still in their office/locker, but their most important ones like the gun and Det_net glasses are on them at spawn for very good reasons.

Det gun: Easy to use, doesnt need a charger (wich is behind certain doors), det's office is less secure, has LETHALS and STUN to switch with, cannot be EMP'd to stop it.
Ammo can be fashioned and obtained from any sec vendor if you run out. It's very devastating. Thus it shouldn't be in the locker. The advantage of ballastics is the fact it's reload and shoot, with energy weapons they take a moment to reload batteries or recharge. THUS THE DETS GUN IS SUPERIOR IN COMBAT, but has limited ammo unless you know how to obtain more.

Det_NETS: It's on them for a veeeeeeery good reason. (but it's not a gun) If that one is stealable when there is no Detective... every antag will rush to steal it trust me.

NTSO Guns: Ballastics and energy with alot of fire power. Yea no.... the NTSO is the most powerful security unit in the game weapons wise for a reason and it shouldn't have any items be stolen from NOT SPAWNING IN. Since HoS's and NTSO are both WHITE LIST ONLY!

Heck even the CHAPLAIN spawns with a gun in their bible and isn't even security.... and that gun is UNSTEALABLE despite being pretty pittifull in damage, can't even crit someone with a full load. (You can steal the gun but you have to make the chaplain draw the gun and knock them out right away, wich means it will waste one of it's 4 valuable shots atleast)

That said...the HoS could spawn with abit more from the start if they late join. After all they are WHITELISTED ONLY. I am fine with them being stolen from, but at the same time... HoS's aren't common folk are they? I can't earn HoS access from playing 100 rounds of security. I have to be screened and allowed on the forums by admins/players/mentors/devs.
So insted of spawning with the E-gun, why not spawn with a special conceal carry gun the HoS has? I mean the chaplain does and the Det sorta has their gun at arrival.
So give the HoS another small armament they can use... maybe a special PDA program that can fire a pulse to protect the HoS in need, but the cooldown is like 40 seconds?
(06-13-2022, 09:36 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: An HoS has many other weapons at their disposal if the Egun is stolen. Theres always going to be something in the armory left or even going to QM to get some weapon crates. The Egun isnt so important that its NEEDED to spawn in with and I believe the same for the NTSO gun or detectives gun or captains gun. They should all be in a locker and not spawned in with them.

All of those require being able to get from the shuttle to them while totally unarmed and with an entire station of antags knowing A: your exact location and B: that you are currently weaponless.
(06-14-2022, 04:21 AM)Mouse Wrote:

All of those require being able to get from the shuttle to them while totally unarmed and with an entire station of antags knowing A: your exact location and B: that you are currently weaponless.

Don't forget they have flashes to defend themselves... wich can be blocked by sunglasses and the like... and you have to be close enough to use it.
Most antags will already hit you hard before you can flash and have you down on the ground though.
Even if you get a flash or two off, the antag still has enough stamina to hit you hard or anything to get you down on the ground anyway. 

Just adding these facts just in case.