Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
toxin lab warning
just a peace of paper on one of tables with a warning about getting baned for 30 dayes if you are not an antag and you blow up a ttv in station.

1. -> code/item/paper.dm adding it at end of the file
Code:
/obj/item/paper/toxin
    name = "warning!"
    info = {"<b>warning:
    if you ARENT an antagonist DONT even think about detonating TTVs(tank tranfer valve bombs) in station BECAUSE IT HAVE A BAN TIME OF 30 FUCKING DAYS.
    </b>"}

2. adding it on top of a table in toxin lab area of maps

note1: i just learnd dm code 3m ago from the file it self so i dont know if it needs to be something else i just compile and runed it and it worked.

note2: not everyone read the warnings from the wiki so ...
Nobody should need an in-universe reminder to follow basic grief rules.
I don't think this is a good idea for two reasons:
1) Come on, blowing up the station on purpose is something any person should know is obvious grief.
2) It will break RP on RP servers
(06-11-2022, 12:29 PM)Aryan1400 Wrote: note2: not everyone read the warnings from the wiki so ...

I have to ask, why does someone need to be explicitly told that blowing a hole in the station as a non-antag is a bad idea and that it may lead to consequences enacted upon them out of the game?

This strikes me as the kind of person that's just looking to cause problems for other people and thus is probably someone Goon wouldn't want running around their servers in the first place.
i'd probably laugh my head off if i found a paper like that taped underneath a desk

and from how often i see people getting the 'banned' medal it does not appear things that would be thought as "common sense" aren't really common sense anymore
(06-12-2022, 12:08 AM)Technature Wrote:
(06-11-2022, 12:29 PM)Aryan1400 Wrote: note2: not everyone read the warnings from the wiki so ...

I have to ask, why does someone need to be explicitly told that blowing a hole in the station as a non-antag is a bad idea and that it may lead to consequences enacted upon them out of the game?

This strikes me as the kind of person that's just looking to cause problems for other people and thus is probably someone Goon wouldn't want running around their servers in the first place.

We probably don't want "Aryan1400" running around in the first place, tbh.