Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drag toolboxes onto utility belts to fill them
It isn't all that important, but it would save three minutes from all my engineer rounds.

Grab PDA, put PDA in pack, grab belt, wear belt, drag toolbox onto belt,place empty toolbox in locker, close and lock locker.
Makes sense to me.
PeacekeeperPete Wrote:Makes sense to me.
Ditto.

Also, empty toolboxes should be shown with an open sprite, so you don't have to go play "hide 'n go seek" with the tools when there are 15 different emptied toolboxes laying around.
Lavastage Wrote:Also, empty toolboxes should be shown with an open sprite, so you don't have to go play "hide 'n go seek" with the tools when there are 15 different emptied toolboxes laying around.
While I don't think i agree with the concept of auto-loading a toolbelt, I DO love this idea.
How about instead of auto-loading, we add functionality to the "Equip" button? I don't know how easy or hard it would be to implement, but what if while wearing a special belt (Utility, Mining, Medical, Etc.) and holding one of the items whitelisted for that belt, hitting the green equip button automatically tosses it inside the belt? So I can just grab hyposprays and click the button to automatically start loading them into the belt.

Then, just give a hotkey for "Equip", and you're good. CTRL+E or something. I mean, it wouldn't speed things up much, but it would make it a little bit easier and quicker. Plus it would affect more than just tools and the utility belt, it would slightly streamline things for a bunch of jobs. Open the toolbox, then click, hotkey, click, hotkey, etc. until you're done.

Also, the problem with an "open toolbox" sprite is that every toolbox contains shit nobody uses. Analyzers, spare wire, station radios. Nobody even bothers taking those out, and there's no incentive to do so since the only use for an "open toolbox" sprite is to help other people save some time.
Just wondering why do you not like this idea? Filling a toolbox isn't exactly thrilling gameplay. Imo lowering the amount of fiddly, tedious things you have to do would be a good thing, so you can concentrate on building/ breaking stuff.
You know what I like most about this? The simple fact that it will help when the server is laggy. I can't tell you the number of times I've clicked on a welder one too many times, didn't realize it, and had it fired up while in my tool belt. Not to mention when you THINK you put the tool you just used back into the tool belt, but NOPE you clicked too many times and its back in your hand.
Bump, or at least make engineers start with a full tool belt instead of a toolbox seriously this is becoming a reason why I'm tired of playing engineer
Either remove the analyzer from toolbox contents or remove it entirely because I've literally never seen anyone use it for anything.
FloozyBarge Wrote:Either remove the analyzer from toolbox contents or remove it entirely because I've literally never seen anyone use it for anything.

It's used for engineering and toxins shit, pretty much.
Archenteron Wrote:
FloozyBarge Wrote:Either remove the analyzer from toolbox contents or remove it entirely because I've literally never seen anyone use it for anything.

Except you can just use your PDA to do the same exact thing and more.
Amelorate Wrote:
Archenteron Wrote:

Except you can just use your PDA to do the same exact thing and more.
it's useful for when you ditched your pda and/or someone blew it up ages ago
It'd be nice if its name were changed to gas analyzer or atmospheric analyzer so newbies know what it is, though!
UrsulaMejor Wrote:Except you can just use your PDA to do the same exact thing and more.
it's useful for when you ditched your pda and/or someone blew it up ages ago[/quote]

Another reason why scrubs shouldn't be ditching their PDA.