Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Vice Cop job reward for sec
vice cop was one of my favorite alternative sec roles and seeing that sec officer has no job rewards, why not give it a cool and unique vice cop outfit (possibly a gaudy recolor of the inspector suit sans tie) that looks more distinct compared to the one found in the sec wardrobe 

and if contriving a way for sec job xp is an issue, sec officers could gain xp for:

arresting antags (as far as i know there is no indicator during a round that you gain xp so this couldn't be used to metagame),

having wizards/traitors/arcfiends/vampires/spies in custody at the end of the round, changelings dead at the end of the round. (changelings are really hard to contain but i guess you could gain a significant chunk if you manage to pull it off)

(on rev round victory) killing rev heads & amount of heads of staff still alive at round end

writing and issuing tickets could also provide a smaller amount of xp
no to making security decisions incentivized with experience points
I like the idea of having them have the option of Spec-ing as a Vice Officer, but I personally don't like XP Job Rewards based on how it affects player behavior.

I think adding the clothes to the lockers or even putting some items as token purchases would be another option for implementing something like this
Sec Off is a role with arguably the most importance to being visually identifiable quickly and yet already has a shitload of fashion options, which most of which are meta references that arent recognizable without common/out of game context (things like the shitty bill clothing and the max payne hawaii shirt for a respective example of both). Id rather not give them directly even more clothe options.
well what about just writing tickets then
(06-11-2022, 02:51 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: well what about just writing tickets then

Writing tickets for xp is a great idea

(06-11-2022, 02:51 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: well what about just writing tickets then

Writing tickets for xp is a great idea
Joins as sec officer goes to bathroom. Writes ticket to toilet on ticket machine for 90 minutes. Same ticket over and over. Watch in horror at the 270 tickets issued by Officer Doody McClogger. To the toilet for being clogged. Shit posting for experience.
honestly, viceoffs slipped off my mind when i first pr'd a removal a while ago,
i might pr adding the viceoff clothes into secoff lockers at some point