Mentor Application - Lucky 4110 (Harry Du Bois)
Usual character name: Harry Du Bois
BYOND username: Lucky 4110
Discord username (if you are on our discord): n/a, but I do intend to join!

Recommended by (if applicable): n/a
Goon servers you play: Mostly Goon 1, though occasionally Goon 3

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum): I've played on Goonstation for about 6 years, cycled through pretty much every department role possible, and typically play as a medical doctor or staff assistant. Goon was the first server I played on, and has remained my favorite server since I started playing. The Goon community is by far the most positive and supportive of the servers I've encountered, and I'd really like to be able to pay forward all the help I've received from server staff and any/all knowledge I have of the mechanics of this server. 

I think most of my game experience centers on medbay roles, surgery, and "spaceman biology". This server's surgery system was the first one I learned, and what drew me to playing SS13 in the first place. I'm reasonably proficient when it comes to the basics of construction, antag roles, and head roles. 

I think most of my weaknesses center on the research department, it's really not an area I understand very well. I also have tended to avoid antag roles that can make or break the flow of a round (blob, flockmind, changeling etc), though I'd like to try out these roles in the near future (probably in the slower hours on the server ). 

More recently I've enjoyed taking on the MD role as I find it to be good practice for the role of a mentor. I like to demonstrate how the medical equipment works, how to perform surgery, and find working as a department head relaxing. 

Thank you so much for reading my application, I feel like I've gone back and forth with the idea of applying for several years now, wanting to contribute in some way to the community here. I think that working as a mentor would allow me to take on the responsibility of helping new players in a more concrete way, and I hope to learn more within my shortcomings as I go. 

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): Experimented with mousetrap pipe-bomb cars in the main hallway as a non-antag staff assistant, banned for short period- A very stupid move on my part.