Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Remove Faustian wrestler from contract list
Faustian wrestler seems to be awful for the round whenever it appears. turbonerds beg the chaplain for wrestler contracts, otherwise they arent even interested in the other contracts to sign. said nerds then use wrestlerpowers to validhunt and make the round oppressive for the rest of the antags, whilst said chaplain is then left alone for their generosity.

My suggestion would be to either make the faustian wrestler drawback far greater than it is, remove it form the pool entirely, or make any contracts the chaplain gets illegible even to the chaplain themselves.
It's rare and remember faustians are antags too, so they can validhunt, but if they are validhunting... other crew may validhunt them too under that logic.
Handing out free wrestling antag powers does seem kind of problematic. It's obnoxious when people clone inside of other antag bodies for powers and this is straight up a fast track to one of the best sets of abilities in the entire antag arsenal.

I agree with increasing the drawback or removing it entirely until we can find that perfect way to balance it.
(06-07-2022, 12:15 PM)Kamikaze Mongoose Wrote: Handing out free wrestling antag powers does seem kind of problematic. It's obnoxious when people clone inside of other antag bodies for powers and this is straight up a fast track to one of the best sets of abilities in the entire antag arsenal.

I agree with increasing the drawback or removing it entirely until we can find that perfect way to balance it.

What if it truly lived up to the Faustian and Macho origins? https://youtu.be/AI-LvOYc5Gc
After that time you just insta gib.
(06-07-2022, 11:12 AM)Kotlol Wrote: It's rare and remember faustians are antags too, so they can validhunt, but if they are validhunting... other crew may validhunt them too under that logic.

they arent antags
why not just remove contracts

(hopefully replace with something else)
(06-08-2022, 10:12 AM)Froggit_Dogget Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 11:12 AM)Kotlol Wrote: It's rare and remember faustians are antags too, so they can validhunt, but if they are validhunting... other crew may validhunt them too under that logic.

they arent antags

What? That's stupid.. since when? UGH! Well then removing them is A-okay and keeping them to Faustian Machomans!

As for removing contracts... it's litterly one of the fun things as a traitor chaplain. Heck I once had the collect 15 souls to end the world book. (I didn't complete it)
I do think the selling your soul bit of the traitor chaplain can be more interresting.

As some like juggling everything and being drunk all the time are meh.
If something could be reworked, it's the way it works. As Player Zoldorf also takes your soul (max hp) for small gimmick things.

In my opinion if Traitor Chaplains get renewed... maybe we need them to be a whole new antag, but for now.. I recommend the signing of one contract to be removed and insted have the zoldorf system of selling parts of your soul for things.
This way you don't want to kill the traitor chaplain as you can get multiplue good things (or bad things) until the chaplain holds your entire soul and can do something with it. Something in that matter would be more fun.
(06-08-2022, 10:33 AM)ZeWaka Wrote: why not just remove contracts

(hopefully replace with something else)

might as well when theyve been gutted and neutered over the years since they were added
Traitor chaplains aka faustian chaplains need to be their own antag then?

But reworked to be newer and better!! FUCK YEA!!

But on RP the traitor chaplain is A-okay. Infact it brings fun flavoring to the server, so remove from classic or make them an own antagonist.
I don't mean like cults on other codes like TG.
But more like the Faustian Bargainer. Wich has some soul like abillities and has the contract system.
Collecting souls not to make more contracts but to gain more abillities, even forcing it on others.

Maybe even make ways for them to take souls from others without contracts, but inflicting curses on them that if not removed by someone... their soul is forfeit.

You know what... yea.. take the contract system (the shitty ones) and make them curses, but make things like money, buffs and power be contracts.

Then have the faustian bargainer never be a chaplain and we got a holy war on our hands!
Though medbay will also be able to cure curses by doing something with salts and candles. It just takes longer then the chaplain sprinkling some holy water.
Unless they are athiest.. then they are immune to both Faustians and chaplains alike. NO FUN FOR YOU!
(06-12-2022, 04:56 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Traitor chaplains aka faustian chaplains need to be their own antag then?

But reworked to be newer and better!! FUCK YEA!!

But on RP the traitor chaplain is A-okay. Infact it brings fun flavoring to the server, so remove from classic or make them an own antagonist.
I don't mean like cults on other codes like TG.
But more like the Faustian Bargainer. Wich has some soul like abillities and has the contract system.
Collecting souls not to make more contracts but to gain more abillities, even forcing it on others.

Maybe even make ways for them to take souls from others without contracts, but inflicting curses on them that if not removed by someone... their soul is forfeit.

You know what... yea.. take the contract system (the shitty ones) and make them curses, but make things like money, buffs and power be contracts.

Then have the faustian bargainer never be a chaplain and we got a holy war on our hands!
Though medbay will also be able to cure curses by doing something with salts and candles. It just takes longer then the chaplain sprinkling some holy water.
Unless they are athiest.. then they are immune to both Faustians and chaplains alike. NO FUN FOR YOU!
2nded. This more seems like a problem of the Faustian bargains being bad outside of wrestler than it does that the wrestler is a problem. If anything, this shows that the Faustian bargins should be redesigned to make people want to sign them if they aren't just meme-ing or  
unaware.
(06-17-2022, 10:11 PM)Theunsolved-puzzle Wrote: 2nded. This more seems like a problem of the Faustian bargains being bad outside of wrestler than it does that the wrestler is a problem. If anything, this shows that the Faustian bargins should be redesigned to make people want to sign them if they aren't just meme-ing or  
unaware.

I still think this "new concept" needs some work.
But I do think like maybe certain mutations can be obtained from the faustian bargainer so from the start of the round this ANTAGONIST is benefical to other antags and players. Imagine getting stuff like x-ray vision and night vision early. Of course the bargainer won't start with it from the gate, more like smaller benefical things or their own versions of these mutations.

I am going to make this an own topic since we are moving away from Faustian wrestler.. to a whole new game mechanic.