Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.71 Average
Make the robusted donuts cost 2 utility credits
See title.  They're way, way, way too good.
my only problem is that would leave anyone on the just a baton loadout with potentially one useless credit and only one utility if they wanted to do donuts and donuts; but I could also see keeping them at 1 credit and having the loadout of donuts just be one red and one blue as a compromise too. That way someone could still get the two extra donuts from the third utility token and eat up the token
optionally, since theyre the only thing anyone gets, give everyone 1 box free, and remove the ability to get them, then we may see other utilities actually purchased, and we wont have unkillable sec who never have to visit medbay
If they are this strong either remove them or put them as an armory exclusive.
Donuts do have some good effects on them, they heal you, give better stamina regen and you get up faster if down on the ground.

But... I think things like forensic scanners don't get used much since... There are always a few spare ones laying around in security and the detective's office. Or ask your local Security Assistant to use theirs. Also Security PDA's can scan prints too! The scanner only allows you to look up prints on the spot. The special detective one allows you to scan from 3 squares away... Thus this is litterly the most wasted token of them all.

The night vision goggles are never taken since it's for black out only and even then they are kinda pointless compared to the detective tools. AND AGAIN! YOU CAN FIND MORE OF THEM IN THE ARMORY!! And that opens if there are power problems!

Then we have the grenades wich are fun to use especially with the riot launcher.. but no one is ever allowed to take them with them.. cept crazy security assistants or gimmick officers.

Then we have the marker bullets wich is again RIOT LAUNCHER ONLY and is great in chasing someone down and telling anyone to arrest this guy without going into a database. Infact paint rounds should also have the effect of someone having that paint on them that beepskies chase, but again riot launchers are frowned upon.

And last but not least it's the RecordTrak Scanner, wich is just a terrible version of det_net goggles. Very clunky, gimmicky and there is always a spare laying around anyway.

It's not that Robust is TOO GOOD, it's the fact then more of half of the other options are litterly worthless. While Robust Donuts and Night vision can both be found in the armory, Robust Donuts just gives you better stuff.

Especially since they removed the moprhine injectors and 1st aid kits wich were good contenders. Your only healing options are the donuts... And with them removing hunger, giving you stamina buffs and possibly healing you.. why pick anything else? Maybe grenades.. but the others.. why bother with em?

Simply remove some of the spare stuff or "buff" some of the use like night vision goggles. For example... I would use them more if they give me Sec-hud interface and protects me from flashes like them, but only if I turn it off. When I turn it on I only have sec-hud interface but I am very vunerable to flashes.
This would make me consider getting those as both function and fasion.
(06-06-2022, 07:27 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: If they are this strong either remove them or put them as an armory exclusive.

I felt removing them would be less well received.  Honestly I'd prefer a removal or a drastic reduction in how many chems are in them.
(06-07-2022, 04:06 AM)Mouse Wrote:
(06-06-2022, 07:27 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: If they are this strong either remove them or put them as an armory exclusive.

I felt removing them would be less well received.  Honestly I'd prefer a removal or a drastic reduction in how many chems are in them.

Nerfing them is defintally the best way to go. But I still think the rest of the kit needs to be "not easily replaced/semi worthless"

Especially the forensic scanner... While I personally like taking them so others can have it, learning that security assistants just have them by default makes me go "But why?"
robust donuts overshadow everything besides riot gas at the minute, but I wouldn't say they're too strong as an item. I think they're thematic, limited in usage and make security's already tedious job a require fewer visits to medbay regularly. None of the drugs they contain, besides Synaptizine, are even uncommon.

I do, however, think that security are given too many. I'd support them being halved in number and being made standard kit. The only issue is that security really don't have much useful equipment anymore to take up purchases.
(06-07-2022, 03:31 AM)Kotlol Wrote: Especially since they removed the morphine injectors

They removed Morphine Injectors? I'm pretty sure they're still in  bee
you can just inject normal donuts with the chems that the special donuts have
Its important to note initially there were only 2 robust donuts in them for 1 utility credit. I think doubling the amount of donuts in it was a mistake, Id call for just halving the amount of donuts in the container.
One of the features of robust and robusted doughnuts is that they each have six bites to them, as opposed to the three bites that ordinary doughnuts possess. I would opt to keep the doughnuts at their current price in the vendor, in the same amount, with the same number of bites, but half the chemical reservoir. This doesn't quite half the effectiveness of each of doughnut, due to the six bites still providing a minor stamina and health boost each, but still acts as a much needed nerf to them and still allows for Officers to share around their spare doughnuts.

As for some of the other Utility purchases, they desperately need buffed to some extent; I like Kotlol's ideas for night vision goggles, being that they have SecHUD vision, and when turned off, flash resistance. As for the 40mm paint marker rounds, they should not require a riot launcher to be used, instead becoming something that could be thrown, something akin to water balloons. The RecordTrak could alternatively open the scanned individual's entire Security record, instead of just modifying their arrest status. I don't feel that the morphine autoinjectors, crowd dispersal grenades, nor forensics scanner need any buffs. If the forensics scanner were to be buffed, it would be through more in depth forensics mechanics, but personally I find it, and the forensics system, incredibly useful as is.
Not a fan of this, I think the donuts are fine. Taking down security should be challenge, and most antags have plenty of tools that can achieve this if you are clever. I don't think its a problem on RP, and on classic i've seen antags destroy everything so the balance seems fine imo. I fear it would just lead to more sec officers rushing medical supplies at roundstart which is not a good thing
(06-07-2022, 08:05 AM)alexandregtg Wrote: Not a fan of this, I think the donuts are fine. Taking down security should be challenge, and most antags have plenty of tools that can achieve this if you are clever. I don't think its a problem on RP, and on classic i've seen antags destroy everything so the balance seems fine imo. I fear it would just lead to more sec officers rushing medical supplies at roundstart which is not a good thing

The problem with the donuts they are "too good to not take" cause everything else is not worth it. They do need a small nerf, but the rest needs a buff, since even nerfing the donuts will just have people take em anyway... cause why take 

Quote:As for some of the other Utility purchases, they desperately need buffed to some extent; I like Kotlol's ideas for night vision goggles, being that they have SecHUD vision, and when turned off, flash resistance. As for the 40mm paint marker rounds, they should not require a riot launcher to be used, instead becoming something that could be thrown, something akin to water balloons. The RecordTrak could alternatively open the scanned individual's entire Security record, instead of just modifying their arrest status. I don't feel that the morphine autoinjectors, crowd dispersal grenades, nor forensics scanner need any buffs. If the forensics scanner were to be buffed, it would be through more in depth forensics mechanics, but personally I find it, and the forensics system, incredibly useful as is.

Thanks Moriaty. I do like your ideas too. I think Forensic scanners and RecordTraks should not be around security places so anyone can walk in and grab a spare. The reason I never buy them these days is because there are atleast 4 spares of these spread in various locations on any station.
Mostly the Morgue (chapel or medbay, sometimes both), 1-2 in Sec it self and 1-2 in the det's office near or in the forensics cart. There isn't much point to buy it cause just get a dang spare... if you remove atleast half of those spares or something else.. they are litterly the most pointless purcase cause... You have your PDA for it, Sec assistants have it, Det has spares and there are alot of other spares around too.
"Why take something you have from the start or find anywhere else?" Thus I recommend it becoming the detectives ranged scanner cause that would be an upgrade and a reason to purcase it.

I love the paint marker being just throw it at someone to get the effect... but yea.. buffing to show more details on the scanner, will get in the way of forensics and the detective's job... we can't buff it more. Anyhow. That's that.
I always prefer making other options better as opposed to reducing the effectiveness of what people pick currently.