Nicos epic HoS application!
Usual character name: Nicocadus Abocadov
BYOND username: Sonnzer
Discord username (if you are on our discord): SonnzerDiscord#0883
Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play: Goon 1

Reason for application: I feel as if Security is a much better place to be with the coordination of a HoS helping them. I feel like a HoS is a very valuable asset to the team and they are always there to help, which I admire. I would honestly love to be a HoS so that's why I applied!

Security experience (300 word minimum): I started playing around December 2021, when I got my first laptop. I got SS13 and started playing as a staffie. at the 20 rounds mark to become sec, I tried it out. it was pretty fun but a bit hard, so I tried to learn. I wasn't that good but i tried my best! i would forget my data disk and i wouldn't label my pin pointer (let alone acknowledge it) then walk outside of sec with my little forensics scanner and donuts and go walk about and look for crime. its honestly a blessing i didn't get robusted and my loot stolen, since im not the most robust. 

Now, current times! I'm, in my opinion, quite better than when i was when i started security! my loadout is usually standard with forensics scanner and robust donuts with a disruptor cell in the baton. I remember my data disk, I label my pinpointer and go patrol. I like to think im active on radio and not too harsh, so i think i have come a long way from the start! im also trying to get more robust, which is good. I did take a TINY break to reflect on being better at security, and i came back a little more understanding of the importance of MY TEAM. your team is the most IMPORTANT asset available as they are always there to help. im glad i had a team when starting out and im still thankful for them being there today. i always find it fun going to alerts and helping my security officer friends out with whatever trouble they may be in. i also try to help new security assistants by asking them if they need help and going over their gear, job and some basic sec computer commands and such, which really is fun. 

Thats all i could muster out of my little tiny pea brain, so i guess thats the end of the experience!

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    Always put down your disk and always label the pinpointer! always go to alerts and also use the alert system if you are in trouble! most importantly, always try and have fun!
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one) One of my favorite moments as sec was helping a security assistant with his sec job! he was really cool and i hope to see him play sec again!
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
  • Add a portable coffee vendor to the sec weapon dispenser! i think it could be 2 utility points, as it is a free coffee vendor after all.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer. When im in a team, i usually like to patrol northside and look out for crime, and ask other security officers to patrol east, west and south.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
    Red or blue, that is who, The secoffs are! big black vests and big black boots, an end to the antags we shall put!
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run? to have a big nightclub at bar and some secoffs acting as bouncers, as that seems cool!
  • Draw a picture! \_(*--*)_/
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): 

a week ban for sarin gassing the emergancy shuttle as a non antag. i was fairly new at the time and didn't think it was that big of a deal since it was about to arrive at cent com.

thank you for reading my application! please remember to leave a comment!
Biggest traits: Skilled, friendly, determined.  
Would, in my opinion, make a great HoS.

I approve, +1
shelterbee
(06-06-2022, 10:52 AM)Sonnzer Wrote: Usual character name: Nicocadus Abocadov
BYOND username: Sonnzer
Discord username (if you are on our discord): SonnzerDiscord#0883
Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play: Goon 1

Reason for application: I feel as if Security is a much better place to be with the coordination of a HoS helping them. I feel like a HoS is a very valuable asset to the team and they are always there to help, which I admire. I would honestly love to be a HoS so that's why I applied!

Security experience (300 word minimum): I started playing around December 2021, when I got my first laptop. I got SS13 and started playing as a staffie. at the 20 rounds mark to become sec, I tried it out. it was pretty fun but a bit hard, so I tried to learn. I wasn't that good but i tried my best! i would forget my data disk and i wouldn't label my pin pointer (let alone acknowledge it) then walk outside of sec with my little forensics scanner and donuts and go walk about and look for crime. its honestly a blessing i didn't get robusted and my loot stolen, since im not the most robust. 

Now, current times! I'm, in my opinion, quite better than when i was when i started security! my loadout is usually standard with forensics scanner and robust donuts with a disruptor cell in the baton. I remember my data disk, I label my pinpointer and go patrol. I like to think im active on radio and not too harsh, so i think i have come a long way from the start! im also trying to get more robust, which is good. I did take a TINY break to reflect on being better at security, and i came back a little more understanding of the importance of MY TEAM. your team is the most IMPORTANT asset available as they are always there to help. im glad i had a team when starting out and im still thankful for them being there today. i always find it fun going to alerts and helping my security officer friends out with whatever trouble they may be in. i also try to help new security assistants by asking them if they need help and going over their gear, job and some basic sec computer commands and such, which really is fun. 

Thats all i could muster out of my little tiny pea brain, so i guess thats the end of the experience!

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    Always put down your disk and always label the pinpointer! always go to alerts and also use the alert system if you are in trouble! most importantly, always try and have fun!
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one) One of my favorite moments as sec was helping a security assistant with his sec job! he was really cool and i hope to see him play sec again!
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
  • Add a portable coffee vendor to the sec weapon dispenser! i think it could be 2 utility points, as it is a free coffee vendor after all.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer. When im in a team, i usually like to patrol northside and look out for crime, and ask other security officers to patrol east, west and south.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
    Red or blue, that is who, The secoffs are! big black vests and big black boots, an end to the antags we shall put!
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run? to have a big nightclub at bar and some secoffs acting as bouncers, as that seems cool!
  • Draw a picture! \_(*--*)_/
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): 

a week ban for sarin gassing the emergancy shuttle as a non antag. i was fairly new at the time and didn't think it was that big of a deal since it was about to arrive at cent com.

thank you for reading my application! please remember to leave a comment!
What i get from seeing nico play , Nice level headed Sec player , Fair punishment's that account for the crimes , and a good teammate who will always have your back on the sec team. 

I approve +1
Had the balls to shoot himself with a trick revolver.

I approve +1
Nico is a cool dude, had nothing but positive experiences myself. Haven't seen you as sec much though, so I can't really comment on that.
Was this denied?
(07-15-2022, 05:05 PM)Aspect1111 Wrote: Was this denied?

Possibly counts as peanut but relevant, applications can take a month or two to process. If it's denied you get a post on the application and it is moved to denied. Currently it is still active.
Haven't seen you a lot lately but from what i have seen you're a good guy, +1
He helped fart for our robot run engineering when we were unable, very chill and funny dude +1
Good Guy! I would recommend them as a HOS due to their Good punishments for antags based on a multitude of factors. as well as the their competency to deal with issues. ive seen them in action during rev rounds and during nukies (and of course normal rounds) they can deal with issues and have even been a pushing factor to the winning of heads of staff during these rounds. After having a in depth discussion with them for about a hour and a half about their experience on goonstation its nice to see a person who fully enjoys the game and has a good ethic to all security tasks. on the side is also fairly robust, if needed they do need to get better at the game smile. obviously being a HOS isnt always about being robust its about the commanding status and the leading of security team, and by large the whole station! during rounds where there havent been a HOS ive seen nicocadus take charge of the security team and act as that leader. For this reason and my prior statements i would recommend Nicocadus as a HOS

+1
NICO! I am sorry I forgot to reply to your thread. Nico is a great secoff, always been friendly and very nice. He's taken the role of pseudo-HoS in several rounds where we did not have an actual HoS and showed plenty of maturity when it comes to communicating with other secoffs/handling antags.

Huge +1 from me. Strong recommendation.
We really appreciate the time and effort you put into this application, but have decided to deny it due to overall mixed feedback from the admin team. You're welcome to reapply in 60 days!