Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some Hand Labeler Ideas
If you put a hand labeler in clown shoes, you get clown rollerskates can label tiles you walk over, and also label people you kick, similar to crayons in clown shoes.
[Image: hsnc43.png][Image: lwz2kx.png]
You can attach a hand labeler to a satchel by using a screwdriver and clicking on the satchel with it. Satchels with hand labelers on them automatically label everything put inside the satchel. Screwdriver to remove.
[Image: h50zyx.png][Image: woje36.png]

If you emag a hand labeler, it completely renames items instead of labelling them. You can also rename players using this. This functionality is also transferred if you put it inside clown shoes or a satchel
I quite like the satchel idea, makes it slightly easier to label things for a botanist. Would be neat for mining as well.
The clown idea would probably cause an unholy amount of spam however.
As for emagged hand labelers, im not sure they are electronic, only mechanical, which emags typically dont mess with. Although if it did, renaming items is a fun idea. Renaming players would however likely be extremely powerful since you'd be able to rename everyone to the same name, rename yourself constantly to dodge capture, rename people to criminals sec is trying to arrest and so on...
(06-06-2022, 09:22 AM)Bartimeus Wrote: I quite like the satchel idea, makes it slightly easier to label things for a botanist. Would be neat for mining as well.
The clown idea would probably cause an unholy amount of spam however.
As for emagged hand labelers, im not sure they are electronic, only mechanical, which emags typically dont mess with. Although if it did, renaming items is a fun idea. Renaming players would however likely be extremely powerful since you'd be able to rename everyone to the same name, rename yourself constantly to dodge capture, rename people to criminals sec is trying to arrest and so on...

The way I interpret player labelling, it would take a few seconds to rename someone and it will be really obvious when you do. You're only renaming the player itself and not the ID card, so a renamed player would show up something like poopoo fart muncher (as Greg Bob)
And i think there is an electronic component inside the hand labeler, which I assume controls what label is printed
What would you need to label satchel contents for though? In my experience satchels are for stuff you grab by the boatload and then shove into a machine to process, so there's not really a point in that chain where you look at the individual things.
A better one would be hand labeler integration with the chemmaster so that I don’t need to retype super happy fun pill for my floor pills dozens of times.
I am against the clown shoes one and emag suggestion.

The rest I am 100% fine with.
these things are so spammy I almost wanna say no additions to 'em should be added cus i see little point
The clown shoes one is way to greytide-enabling.

The satchel idea is viable, though I dont see much utility, I dont see the harm either.

The emag one... may need a balance pass or two before we commit to it, but is worth consideration.
The satchel one could be used to warn potential eaters about the safety or lack thereof of some heavily hybridized products.
(06-06-2022, 11:38 PM)Haprenti Wrote: The satchel one could be used to warn potential eaters about the safety or lack thereof of some heavily hybridized products.

There are botanists who care about that?
(06-07-2022, 04:07 AM)Mouse Wrote:
(06-06-2022, 11:38 PM)Haprenti Wrote: The satchel one could be used to warn potential eaters about the safety or lack thereof of some heavily hybridized products.

There are botanists who care about that?
Plus that stuff also falls under the floor pill clause. If you are dumb enough to eat the twobacco/black cannabis/cucumber crime against nature I have created that’s on you.