Mentor Application: Jake Marshall (GuntherHermann)
Usual Character Name: Jake Marshall
BYOND Username: GuntherHermann
Recommended by (if applicable): wangcommander (Rue Libbe)
Times Available: Monday-Friday 3PM EST-12 AM EST, Weekends 9AM EST - 12AM EST

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): Well, uh, I started playing SS13 in about 2011, took a break for a long time, and recently returned to fuck around again. I mostly play scientist, where I either die horribly in chemistry or die horribly in telesci. I really enjoy helping people, and I'll usually take newbies along on telescience tours! I'd like to think I know a fair bit about the game, and I know two chem secrets (grog and super hairgronium) and most telesci secrets. I know when not to be shit and not share secrets with people, so I'm not going to run around screaming out grog like I'm Lane Stewart 2.0. SS13 is a hella confusing game, and since I didn't have any mentors to help me figure stuff out when I was new, the opportunity to help some poor newbie out with the same problems I had would be cool! I'm pretty patient, so I'm not going to start screaming and go on a homicidal rampage because someone can't figure out something after having it explained to them five times. While my main focus may be research, I have an understanding of every department, so it's not like I'll just hover around chemistry whispering hints and ignoring the desperate cries of "HOW DO I SET UP THE ENGINE?!" My skill set also includes making really bad puns (ask people in IRC), so I can cause despair and misery in the hearts of people everywhere. I know about boxing, too. Just any fighting in general. I'm really very good at it. Punching, stunning, where to aim, all of that stuff. It's one of my best skills. So if a newbie every needs help with fighting, any help at all (really, any help), I'll be there to teach him the ways of...

Marshall arts.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): I find onions a very effective metaphor for me, because while my outer layer may seem hard and brittle, when you peel it away it's the same thing every time and you start crying

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): A 3 day ban once for getting angry and doing something dumb.
Jake is pretty cool and he does know his shit, I'm sure he'd make a great mentor.
One of the best independents in the telesci business, he'd top my list for mentor any day.

-Rue Libbe