Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Disease Idea, "Actual Space Lag"
We on RP always say when you are lagging, you have space lag similiar to space lag, but... I am thinking.. what if.. the charater has a disease that actually causes lag but also gives other symptons and has to be cured.

I wouldn't call it space lag, but Temporal Viral Affliction aka TVA for the name and what does it do?
It causes problems with the motor skills of the brain as well as temporal paralysis and several noises, wich might causes heart problems and even brain damage, but you ignore any damage done for some time, since you lag it off.

Symptons of these diseases are:
- Sudden bursts of speed.
- Sudden complete paralysis.
- Making noises that sounds like a dail up connection.
- Gaining no benefits from healing, eating and drinking
- Not taking damage

How do you get infected by this?
- Infected blood 
- messing with temporal anomlies or teleporters.
- Random events
- Bad eggs from Space Time Chickens and the like.
- Spacial tear shennigans?

How do you cure it with Pathology/Microbiology not being around?
- Cryopods and the like freezes your temporal state and heals it.
- (open for other ways of treating symptons)

It's just a dumb idea but it fits of those criteria of silly diseases.
i think spacelag is currently manifested as a material for matsci
(06-01-2022, 05:27 AM)TDHooligan Wrote: i think spacelag is currently manifested as a material for matsci

Sounds like something I should look at XD, does it make a dial up noise?
Cause the disease is suppose to make someone sound like they are dialing up the moment they got complete paralysis.
It doesn't actually... do much, to my knowledge.
Well thanks for that, but is my "Temporal Disease" a fun idea or no? XD
This disease will cause you to teleport back, and repeat actions. It also causes stuttering. It also has to create mosaic squares on the spaceman.

This disease is also spread by contact so you can watch the horror.
(06-03-2022, 12:31 AM)Confuseddp Wrote: This disease will cause you to teleport back, and repeat actions. It also causes stuttering. It also has to create mosaic squares on the spaceman.

This disease is also spread by contact so you can watch the horror.

Didnt think of recalling effect either! HILARIOUS!
Make it that any spessman that reaches 2000 in ping at least will automatically receive this disease. So while the other end is pulling their hair to reconnect, the crew can watch their avatar jolting around and literally became AOL. If the said person has reconnect, the disease is immediately cured

Gonna be hilarious for me who kept playing in minimum 500 ms ping
(06-03-2022, 08:30 PM)TrickyWolfer Wrote: Make it that any spessman that reaches 2000 in ping at least will automatically receive this disease. So while the other end is pulling their hair to reconnect, the crew can watch their avatar jolting around and literally became AOL. If the said person has reconnect, the disease is immediately cured

Gonna be hilarious for me who kept playing in minimum 500 ms ping

Not a bad idea too, this way players know the other player is lagging in game.