Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traitor item cost/balance chat
Chike101 Wrote:
Shoddy Wrote:The surpressed .22 is a really cool and effective item, i was able to shoot the captain to death in public and get away with it.
What is this thing, I'm seeing it mentioned a lot but I've never seen or heard of it ingame, is it new?

Anyways, the least bought things are the things that instantly out you as a traitor, and/or the most useless. You can come up with a convincing story where you 'find' some traitor items like revolvers or sabers, but the Advanced Laser and Trash Cart are instantly recognized as "This dude specifically is a traitor, he and his job have been properly identified, and he's about to start shit, so let's kill him." It's also because the Laser and Cart aren't good enough on their own.

Then there are Donk Pockets and Syndicate Cargo Transporters, I've never seen someone specifically order them because their use is contextual. Transporter is only if you can stuff someone in a crate, and the Donk's for being in proximity of a microwave/getting shit done within 7 minutes of microwaving. Maybe the Donk's could be, like, pre-heated in a foil lined box, so they stay warm? And the Transporter, I don't know, have it teleport in a 'Syndicate Crate', black with a red stripe (so it isn't stealthy and can't be abused for more crates) and, when used on the Syndicrate, would do the normal thing?

So you never "seen" the .22? Good. That's what it's for. It's not a last minute weapon like the derringer. It's for being stealthy and quiet and is honestly very cool and yeah it's ingame. You can order them now.
Wire Wrote:The graph represents all traitor item purchases from October 30th, 4:33pm to December 4th, 4:31pm. Which is 7613 total purchases.

Also yes the cost is hard to see it's just an extra thing I threw in as a rough idea of prices relative to each other shhh.

If microbomb implants were lethal we wouldn't have to buy so many of them
Captain_Bravo Wrote:Didn't the red chainsaw used to come with a special backpack that it could fit in? Or did I imagine that in a fever-dream?

I think it's been suggested before, but afaik it never has actually been in game.
the thing that separates the red chainsaw is that it gives very little(or none at all idk?) indication that it's out of the ordinary to anyone nearby. it's slightly metagame dependent(shape of the game within the game, not skype cheating) in that it's most effective if people are used to seeing botanists running around at all times with chainsaws in-hand but not using them to beat people. do that more and the red chainsaw is instantly better by default.
CaptainBravo Wrote:the thing that separates the red chainsaw is that it gives very little(or none at all idk?) indication that it's out of the ordinary to anyone nearby. it's slightly metagame dependent(shape of the game within the game, not skype cheating) in that it's most effective if people are used to seeing botanists running around at all times with chainsaws in-hand but not using them to beat people. do that more and the red chainsaw is instantly better by default.

I thought the sprite was red in hand? It's been awhile since I've seen it used so I forget.
KikiMofo Wrote:
CaptainBravo Wrote:the thing that separates the red chainsaw is that it gives very little(or none at all idk?) indication that it's out of the ordinary to anyone nearby. it's slightly metagame dependent(shape of the game within the game, not skype cheating) in that it's most effective if people are used to seeing botanists running around at all times with chainsaws in-hand but not using them to beat people. do that more and the red chainsaw is instantly better by default.

I thought the sprite was red in hand? It's been awhile since I've seen it used so I forget.

nope, it's green.
Klayboxx Wrote:
KikiMofo Wrote:

nope, it's green.

I don't usually look twice at a botanist with a chainsaw but if he is covered in blood that is alittle obvious no matter what he is holding.

Yep. It would be better, but it's still obvious. Every player is always going to keep a botanist at arm's length if he's wielding a chainsaw, and sec and heads might just straight up stun you if you come near them. C-saber doesn't have that problem and that's why I think most people aren't buying the chainsaw. It doesn't NEED a change, it's just that the other costly, class specific "loud" weapons like the mining charge hacker and artistic toolbox are better and I think the it could be imroved.
Chike101 Wrote:. Maybe the Donk's could be, like, pre-heated in a foil lined box, so they stay warm? And the Transporter, I don't know, have it teleport in a 'Syndicate Crate', black with a red stripe (so it isn't stealthy and can't be abused for more crates) and, when used on the Syndicrate, would do the normal thing?
examine a donk pocket. they're "oddly warm, as if radiating their own heat" <-- not the actual text, but it's similar to what it says. Syndicate Donk Pockets are self-heating and can be eaten straight out of the box for full effect.
Do sonic grenades cause permanent deafness?

That would be kind of cool if they did (unless they already do, I've never used them so I don't know)
atomic1fire Wrote:Do sonic grenades cause permanent deafness?

That would be kind of cool if they did (unless they already do, I've never used them so I don't know)

Yes I believe so but I've never been a victim of one early on in a round. They are usually shuttle things or right before getting murdered item.
atomic1fire Wrote:Do sonic grenades cause permanent deafness?

No, not permanent.
It's probably something you occasionally find in supply crates, like the police baton.
Personally I would change sonic grenades altogether and keep the price the same.. Instead of being like a flash bang that stuns for less time than an actual flashbang, I would change the grenades so that they project a 'sonic wave' or something that knocks everyone away. (except if they are wearing MAG boots, which the kit provides)
Nubcake Wrote:Personally I would change sonic grenades altogether and keep the price the same.. Instead of being like a flash bang that stuns for less time than an actual flashbang, I would change the grenades so that they project a 'sonic wave' or something that knocks everyone away. (except if they are wearing MAG boots, which the kit provides)

But... it stuns for FAR LONGER and at a FAR LARGER RANGE than a flashbang, you can protect yourself from it (which is good because you can set it off in your hand while chasing your target(s)), and as an added extra it breaks windows ~into space~. I think you completely missed the point of this.