Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Add a way to test/try blob in ghost vr
Almost all antags can be tried out and tested in murderbox but not blob thus resulting in many inexperienced  blob players. I suggest adding a blob button that transfers you in a empty room (like blob tutorial) for you to test/get accustomed to blob and its binds. Would be good If it had a training dummy like murderbox to see damage numbers

Currently you trying it out just before starting the round in my opinion isn't viable since most times your blob bros might deploy early and if you are new either end up alone as last blob or deploying getting found early and dying due to inexperience
(05-27-2022, 02:00 AM)zululerman Wrote: Almost all antags can be tried out and tested in murderbox but not blob thus resulting in many inexperienced  blob players. I suggest adding a blob button that transfers you in a empty room (like blob tutorial) for you to test/get accustomed to blob and its binds. Would be good If it had a training dummy like murderbox to see damage numbers

Currently you trying it out just before starting the round in my opinion isn't viable since most times your blob bros might deploy early and if you are new either end up alone as last blob or deploying getting found early and dying due to inexperience

Wraith, Changeling, Vampire and blob have no way to be tested.
Murder box is ment to be a pvp mode...
(05-27-2022, 03:49 AM)Kotlol Wrote:
(05-27-2022, 02:00 AM)zululerman Wrote: Almost all antags can be tried out and tested in murderbox but not blob thus resulting in many inexperienced  blob players. I suggest adding a blob button that transfers you in a empty room (like blob tutorial) for you to test/get accustomed to blob and its binds. Would be good If it had a training dummy like murderbox to see damage numbers

Wraith, Changeling, Vampire and blob have no way to be tested.
Murder box is ment to be a pvp mode...

That's why I suggested to transfer you in an empty room sure wraith dosent have a way to be tested but relatively speaking it's a safer antagonist to play as even if the crew is aware of you they can't directly damage you unless you choose too or if you walk over salt lines and changeling, vampire guess not fit cause of the stuns but still you being a humanoid already has the advantage that you know basic mechanics stuff and you are not a kill on sight unless you do something naughty. But a blob Is completely different play style that essentially demands you to know basic binds and have a good grasp of what tools you have or you will get overwhelmed the moment a semi responsive crew gets wind of you I do agree blob has no place in murderbox (since you can just swallow it all) but you should be able to at least be able to practice it at least in an empty space. Don't get me wrong I don't find blob weak I find it complicated and difficult to learn when you get some chances to play it every(depending on your luck) bunch of rounds
Murder box is not necessarily just a pvp mode it is also there so you can get a handle on how specific pieces of gear perform, what each spell does range testing for powers etc. That is why you can spawn dummies in the test chamber.
Let’s also make the murderbox bigger and give it funny different themes to decorate it with while we’re improving it. smile