Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[CLOSED PR] Cure For Kuru
(05-26-2022, 05:11 PM)TDHooligan Wrote: 'the disease that makes you dead, go to the cloner or get fucked puritans'

puritans being fucked over by dying is part of the trait. it gives you +2 trait points for a reason, and thats nothing to ignore. aside from that, kuru (ironically) does nothing to effect the brain, so they can still be revived with borging or alternate body cloning
honestly I wouldn't be opposed if was changed to be really hard/time-sensitive to make (so you can't just preemptively stockpile it) and if kuru also got a little deadlier in turn
Just chiming in to also say i'm not in favour of this. People've already made the arguements i had aswell.
Kuru is supposed to be deadly and dying really is not that big of a deal in the funny space game annyway.
(05-27-2022, 02:12 AM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(05-26-2022, 07:16 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: "Kuru has no known cure. It's usually fatal within one year of contraction. The identification and study of kuru helped along scientific research in a number of ways. It was the first neurodegenerative disease resulting from an infectious agent."

The point of Kuru in the game is its a death sentence. If it was given a cure people wouldn't freak out about getting anymore. That would be a bummer. I love when someone starts shaking and laughing and falling on the floor and people start freaking out about kuru.

straining to remember the last time ive heard or seen kuru mentioned ingame

Yeah because its rare and it's rare novelty of being a death sentence because someone was eating brains or someone was smart enough to give people kuru is interesting.