Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Adding emergency auto-injector to chemmaster
Hey there,

this isnt a request, its an thread for a discussion.
i wanted the chemmaster to be able to make emergency auto-injectors, as those can be an great advantage for medical staff, and also to hand them out to people (Potassium iodide injector for miner, here you go!)

soo.. i coded it. And while i tested i was annoyed beeing able to only make them one by one.. so i added a boxed version. (That box would still need to be designed, i just took a blank box for coding. thats also the actual reason i didnt make a PR yet, as my frind who knows spriting isnt available today smile ).

So now the chemmaster is able to make single emergency auto-injectors (up to 10u), or multiple, boxed or not boxed ones with 5-10u capacity each (like pills). But im starting to think that boxing them might be too powerfull. The box works like a pill bottle, you have to take the injector out, cant be used from the box directly.

When i asked arround in imcoder, i was told, they could be too powerfull if not whitelistet (i agree).. so i took the hypospray whitelist. But, as there are available auto-injectors, i also took the chemicals from there, and added them to another whitelist only for auto-injectors. Also added the last 4 to the list myself, as they have their uses too in my opinion. This would extend the whitelist by
Code:
"atropine", "calomel", "heparin", "proconvertin", "filgrastim", "lexorin", "haloperidol", "strange_reagent", "water", "sugar"

( i removed morphine from the list, and didnt add ether.. both were in my first list i posted on discord).

as usualy, emag disables that whitelist, put in them whatever you dare then wink

current github link: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...chemmaster

Now for me to discuss would be the boxed version of emergency auto-injector (too powerfull, or nice? or any other idea how to make this behave nicely?
And also for discussion is the extended whitelist.

And to not spoil other opinions i added mine in an extra reply.

Im thinking about to limit the auto-injector box to like.. 2-5 (i still dont know if thats wise, but i like the idea of an little pencil case with 2 of them in it, and a box with 5 of them in it.. those ideas actualy came after i wrote initial post).

About the chemicals.:

Atropine: is used for heavy crit patients. Yes, it causes dizziness, and fatigue, but.. the medical value is very high. Also there are 4 availbale in the porta-med. Also it shouldnt be able to kill you on it own.

calomel: it flushes out chemicals, and shouldnt be able to kill you (but causes some damage)

heparin: i added it, as there are also injectors of it in porta-mend. you would need 3 injectors to OD.

proconvertin: i added it, as there are also injectors of it in porta-mend.

Filgrastim: i honestly dont understand, why its not even on hypospray whitelist.. its super hard to make, and extremly usefull for those vampire victims. also was available in porta-mend

lexorin: i added it, as there are also injectors of it in porta-mend... i think.. not sure about this one honestly.

haloperidol: even though this one has some nasty effects, it added the ability to cure space madness and berserker.. people tend to run arround, and are hard to get, so this one would help in curing those.. i dont want to always have to call sec to stun them...

strange_reagent, water: resurection, in neatly dosage smile

sugar: i.. just wanted too after i saw insulin and added water to list.. big grin

morphine: there are injectors of it in the code, but not in porta-mend. it take some time to knock you out, but it does so.. so i didnt add it.

ether: my calculation told me, 1 injector wouldnt be enough to knock you out. reality showed you, that close to the end of the time in your body it does knock you out for a very short time.. its still some time till it takes effect.
as i said in the discord, these are all all poisons. i'll spell each of them out from the perspective of using them to murder.

With one simple click:
Atropine: makes someone unable to escape and take 50 TOX and get randomly stunned

calomel: Deal 62.5 TOX damage

heparin: Make your victim bleed to death from just a few kitchen knife stabs

proconvertin: not the worst but roll a 50% chance to give the random you stabbed a blood clot

Filgrastim: Gives your victim +100 blood. hit them with a box of these and they will bloodgib.

lexorin: Literally just 50 TOX damage in one click. Not that you can actually make this stuff.

haloperidol: Removes all of the stimulants from the person you're trying to kill

strange_reagent: Pointless besides gibbing corpses
holy water: Literally does nothing but kill vampires when injected

sugar: functionally zero

ether: Your calculation told you 1 injector wouldnt be enough to knock someone out. Have you tried hitting someone with two? Once they're stunned from the first one you can just go hog wild. Inject them with 10 of your filgrastim autoinjectors. Sit back and watch them literally pop.
I think just using the hypospray whitelist entirely and no extra chems would be the most clear for players as to what can and cant fit in it.
I like the idea, but agree with the others that it should only use the hypospray whitelist.
i like the idea.

i wouldn't mind being able to make calomel, atropine, epi and charcoal auto injectors. yeah maybe we should use the hypospry whitelist. is charcoal in it tho, i dont remember?

anyway atropine, calomel, heparin, filgrastim and procoventin are already in nanovenders. if someone wants to use them for crimes, i think they can already do it quite easily.
So essentially put we're making auto injectors so people won't hog the hyposprays or chemists and medbay can give auto injectors to anyone.

Good idea, but yea... Hypospray whitelist.
(05-26-2022, 07:23 AM)TDHooligan Wrote: as i said in the discord, these are all all poisons. i'll spell each of them out from the perspective of using them to murder.

With one simple click:
Atropine: makes someone unable to escape and take 50 TOX and get randomly stunned

proconvertin: not the worst but roll a 50% chance to give the random you stabbed a blood clot

Filgrastim: Gives your victim +100 blood. hit them with a box of these and they will bloodgib.

lexorin: Literally just 50 TOX damage in one click. Not that you can actually make this stuff.

haloperidol: Removes all of the stimulants from the person you're trying to kill

ether: Your calculation told you 1 injector wouldnt be enough to knock someone out. Have you tried hitting someone with two? Once they're stunned from the first one you can just go hog wild. Inject them with 10 of your filgrastim autoinjectors. Sit back and watch them literally pop.

i know we discussed in discord, but, i thought a dedicated place like this post would be a better place for discussion.
and.. to be honest, for me its realy hard to see the murder aspekt of them, as im usualy in medbay, and i dont / rarely have the intend to harm. And if so, i usualy dip surgery tools in chemicals, and hit someone.

From this list, atropine is the most valuable, and the one, i realy desire to be added to an whitelist, as that one could realy help in an emergency mix.
I already thought about accesslocking the special whitelist, or even the auto-injector option to medical staff, but that still wouldnt solve the main problem i guess.

I would like to wait a few more hours for a few more opinions, but currently i assume the tendency is to removing the extended whitelist.

Back to boxing - Should i limit box sizes? I thought about adding options for two different boxed versions. One that outputs boxes with 2 auto-injectors and one with 5 (or unlimited?) ones each. Also i think i need to disable to insert auto-injector to the bigger box?
(05-26-2022, 07:23 AM)TDHooligan Wrote: as i said in the discord, these are all all poisons. i'll spell each of them out from the perspective of using them to murder.

With one simple click:

Having haloperidol auto injectors would be the most fucking obnoxious thing ever. Constant KOs, sleep, all partially RNG and partially stam based. bleh.
Haloperidol injectors would be a nightmare, Atropine overdosing is terrible, heparin is already super lethal, Sugar overdose literally sends you into a coma. All of these are poisons and are either already in low number of autoinjectors or not at all.

So no, please no. Only change I could see happening is the Medical Director getting an Advanced Hypospray that accepts more medical chems like this and it being unable to be device scanned.